Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #1

357 TRIP Heat and A/C ducting

I purchased a Sierra 357 TRIP last March and used it all summer long. I've noticed the A/C in the back bunkhouse barely puts out any air. The heat is the same. I only have one A/C unit so I'm not sure if that's the issue. The bunkhouse is either too hot in the summer or way too cold in the winter when compared to the rest of the trailer. Does anyone else have the same issue?
Jjc274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:12 PM   #2

How big is your a.c.unit and furnace? Usually the farthest point from the air and heat is going to be the coldest in winter and warmest in summer due to the duct length runs.
Wumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:36 PM   #3

It's a 35,000BTU furnace and a 15k Air Conditioner. I'm thinking I need a second A/C unit, but I thought a 35k btu furnace would do the trick.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:59 AM   #4

I have a 40k furnace and with only one floor vent in the bedroom, which is in back, it can get quite cool. Our unit has the Polar package, hence the larger furnace. The rest of the unit stays nice and warm. The furnace unit itself is located in the front. My thoughts are after a 42 ft run of duct, there's not much forced air left to hear the back. We do have the second ac, which just feeds the bedroom and cools it very quickly.
Wumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:21 AM   #5

Thanks for the info. I think the second A/C unit is definitely the way to go.