Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #1

365SAQ - Getting ready to order

Well we decided mid-season last year that this unit is for us. I've read all of the 7k axle discussions and agree that the weights could get tight so am considering that option. Besides that, current owners, please help me decide the must haves. From reading I see many recommend the 2nd A/C.

Any and all replies are welcomed. Thanking in advance.

Here is what we are thinking to add:
- Slide awnings
- Solid surface tops
- DW has to have the mock hardwood floors (can't decide on interior color, do you like the pleather couches for those that have them?)
- Outdoor kitchen
- Can't decide if we want the party couch.... does this have an optional hide-a-bed too? If so, this is one
- 2nd A/C
- Fan with switch
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post
Well we decided mid-season last year that this unit is for us. I've read all of the 7k axle discussions and agree that the weights could get tight so am considering that option. Besides that, current owners, please help me decide the must haves. From reading I see many recommend the 2nd A/C.

Any and all replies are welcomed. Thanking in advance.

Here is what we are thinking to add:
- Slide awnings
- Solid surface tops
- DW has to have the mock hardwood floors (can't decide on interior color, do you like the pleather couches for those that have them?)
- Outdoor kitchen
- Can't decide if we want the party couch.... does this have an optional hide-a-bed too? If so, this is one
- 2nd A/C
- Fan with switch
Congrats! I have the Sandpiper twin as you can see in sig. We had a '11 355QBQ for 11 months before trading up to the 365. Love it so much more due to the 'flipped' or reversed kitchen. We had solid surface counter tops on our first one and hated them due to them being black. After we got our 365, they switched to a lighter color that we like very much, but too late on this one. I'd say 'yes' to the slide toppers, outdoor kitchen and huge bunk room is why we have this one, and most definitely the second air! Ours has only one duct in the back unlike the later '12s after several complaints, so you should be fine there. We have the standard booth seating with table. If we did it again, we would probably get the free standing table and chairs. My buddy has a party couch in his TH that we didn't much care for(a lot of people do though). Ours has the extra insulation package, gen prep, heated water tanks and electric rear jacks that I believe are now standard but not sure. I would go with the 7k axles. If you read the other thread then you know my problem that I had. I can tell you this though, although mine is heavier than most out there(according to FR), the 7k axles make a HUGE difference in the stability of the trailer going down the road. I was only concerned about being overweight for the axles and hadn't thought about the stability issue. On mine, the best way I could describe pulling the trailer was 'lumbering'. Do not get me wrong, it pulled great, just felt like it was 'wallowing' around on uneven roads. Now that that is history, the unit sits up and is really a dream to pull. Much more stable and responsive behind the truck. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we haven't found a floorplan that we like better than this one. We love it and I hope you do too. The thing that killed us was the wait! And that(at the time) was just under 4 weeks. Seemed like an eternity Good luck!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365saq, sierra 365saq