Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #1

376bhok

New to FR, we are do to pick up our new 5er next week. I was wondering if anyone else had this new model. Can't wait to get it. Thanks for the info in advance.
Fireman422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new 376BHOK.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Camper Less Camping

Congrats & enjoy your new camper...Happy Camping for 2013!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #4

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I did not know if anyone that bought the SAQ consider this unit. I see a lot of people talk about the air issues and was wondering if there where any with this unit since they are so similar.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Lots of great people with tons of great advice here.
Years and years of camping experiences make this forum great!

Have fun!

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #6

Congratulations! Let the mods begin!!!!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haste Maker View Post
All I can say is “Good Luck” with your Forest River product..I have been told by moderator “Mtnguy “ that if I say anything not positive about, it will be deleted...I guess telling the truth about my experience with “Forest River” is a no-no???
sure seem like it... free country, that is it was, when I was active duty.. to the op congrats enjoy your second home

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #8

376bhok

Wondering if you picked up your 376BHOK? How do you like it? We have ordered one and are trading are 2012 365SAQ in on it. We have not seen one in person-hoping to have more living area space. Anything you don't like? I would appreciate any info or opinons. Thanks
kdfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #9

Yes we picked it up on the 7th and went to the lake for the weekend. We are very happy with this unit. The larger living area is what sold us too. There is enough room on the sofa for me and my wife to lay down and I am 6'4. Also the full size shower is excellent. We found a few minor things wrong but your gonna have that with anything. It like the 365 is a heavy unit but I was surprised how well it pulled, my tow vehicle is a 2008 chevy 3500 DRW. The only options we did not get where solid counter tops and the gen prep. I will say this the mattress hurt me, I could hardly move Sunday morning. We are investing in a topper for it. I was also really impressed with the grill easy to use and the outdoor kitchen is gonna be better than I thought. Anymore questions send them on.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman422 View Post
Yes we picked it up on the 7th and went to the lake for the weekend. We are very happy with this unit. The larger living area is what sold us too. There is enough room on the sofa for me and my wife to lay down and I am 6'4. Also the full size shower is excellent. We found a few minor things wrong but your gonna have that with anything. It like the 365 is a heavy unit but I was surprised how well it pulled, my tow vehicle is a 2008 chevy 3500 DRW. The only options we did not get where solid counter tops and the gen prep. I will say this the mattress hurt me, I could hardly move Sunday morning. We are investing in a topper for it. I was also really impressed with the grill easy to use and the outdoor kitchen is gonna be better than I thought. Anymore questions send them on.
Glad you like it!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #11

Thanks for the info-we're from Minnesota so it will be a while be for we get out camping, ours is do to arive at month end. I was wondering if it has a cable hook up for the tv in the outside kitchen? Also did you get the 2nd air up front-can you set different temps for both air conditioners?
kdfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #12

Yes we got the 2nd air and it is done with two zones front and back witch is controlled by one controller ( it is very easy to use). No it did not have the cable outlet in the outdoor kitchen but it does have one and power in the underneath storage witch we liked because its under the owning.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #13

Congrats on your purchase! This one was my wife's favorite floorplan as it has so much counterspace and room in the kitchen. Also the slide with all the windows is amazing and usually will open towards the campsite fire. My favorite was the 365SAQ and we ended up ordering that one. Have fun camping this year and once again congrats on a fine unit.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #14

So happy to see some information on the 376BHOK on here. We just ordered ours last week from RV Wholesalers. It is supposed to be ready next month. It was one that RV Wholesalers already had on order and we just had them add some things. I sure hope they get it right. We also wanted this model because of the bigger living room and nice kitchen. I would love it even more if it would have the bigger bunkroom like the 365SAQ, but I guess you just can't have everything. The master bedroom will be for my daughter and son in law and grandma (me) gets the 44" bottom bunk in the bunkroom. I'm hoping I can fix that bed up to be comfortable. My 2 year old grandson will be in the bunkroom with me, either in a pack n play or on the trundle. When he is older, we'll put him in an upper bunk hopefully. I wish the upper bunks were a little bigger, but I'm really happy that the one bottom bunk is 44" so I can have a bed a little bigger than a twin. I hope the master bath comes with the brownish colored surround in the shower like the brochure. Fireman422, does yours have that? I worry about changes the factory might make unexpectedly. My son in law has a Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel truck and seems to think we'll have no problem pulling this. I worry about it though, since we'll be bringing it from Ohio back to Kansas on the first trip. Most people seem to have 3500's. I ordered the RV with the 7000 lb axles based on info. I read on this forum. I don't know if that will help us or not. I will be happy when we have it safely back to Kansas and set up on our summer spot.
Nitecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
Always Learning

Nitecat - different camper for me, but I assume most campers come with really crappy "mattresses" on the bunks. Go onto the Foam Factory website and order up a custom block of foam.

We ordered a 4" custom cut foam "mattresses" for my mother-in-law and father-in-law (each one sleeps on a bunk) in the exact size of the existing mattresses. They then put the current mattresses on-top. Both said the difference was night and day. We even spent 9-days in Florida over Christmas and both were very happy with the difference. In fact, my 9 year now is now demanding her own (she never complained before!).

Our bunkhouse commonly holds my daughter in the upper bunk over top of the outdoor kitchen. My mother-in-law on a bunk below her (which your floor plan doesn't have). My father-in-law on the upper bunk on the driver's side. And my 9 1/2 month old son in a pack and play in the middle of the floor.

My mother-in-law would happily warn you to NOT put yourself into the drop-zone from the upper bunk; especially as my daughter is one of the earliest risers of us all! I'm trying to figure out some kind of ladder option to keep those 2 from fighting.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #16
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitecat View Post
My son in law has a Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel truck and seems to think we'll have no problem pulling this. I worry about it though, since we'll be bringing it from Ohio back to Kansas on the first trip. Most people seem to have 3500's. I ordered the RV with the 7000 lb axles based on info. I read on this forum. I don't know if that will help us or not. I will be happy when we have it safely back to Kansas and set up on our summer spot.
As for trucks... it may be enough and it may not be enough. You have to do some math to figure it out. Usually the biggest problem comes in the avenue of "how much can the truck carry". There is generally a sticker on the doorjamb that tells you what the "GVWR" is (aka - the "Gross Vehicle Weight Rating") or the maximum that the truck should carry. Out of this number comes:
- the weight of the truck
- the driver and all passengers
- child seats
- the stuff you take along (snacks, drinks, clothes, maps, books, activities, electronic devices, etc.)
- the fifth wheel hitch itself
- anything else in the bed of the truck (tables, generators, propane, chairs, etc.)
- *and* the weight of the pin pushing down on the truck

For a fifth wheel, usually 15% (rare) to 20% (more common) to 25% of the fifth wheel's weight is pushing down on the pin. It looks like this camper has a maximum weight of 14,180 lbs. So, doing the math - that looks to be something like 2,127 - 3,545 pounds.

The biggest question is if there is enough left-over carrying capacity in the truck for the last item above.

The best way to find out ahead of time is to pack up the truck like you all were going to go camping with the normal load that you carry in the truck itself and go find a scale somewhere that you can get weighed on (quarry, dump, truck stop/CAT scale, etc.). That will tell you your "wet weight" of the truck. You subtract this from the "gross weight" (GVWR) and that tells you how much pin weight you can carry and stay within your trucks limits.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #17

ependydad - wow, so your father in law can sleep in a 30" bunk? Kudos to him! I really wanted as big a bed as I could get, which is why I ended up deciding on the Sandpiper. My lower bunk is 44" x 72". Good suggestion about the foam. I will have to look into that. I did wonder what people do for a ladder on the top bunks, particularly for smaller children. We might have to figure out a ladder and a bed rail for one upper bunk at some point soon.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #18

ependydad - I have been studying all the postings on here about trucks and weight. Again, learning all the acronyms has been fun. I might drive my son in law nuts asking him about it, but I just don't want to get to Ohio and have a problem. I think we are borderline on pulling with this truck. We won't normally be traveling with it, since we mainly plan to park it for the whole summer at a campground by the lake nearby. Getting it back to Kansas from Ohio may be our biggest trip.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #19
Always Learning

Quote:
ependydad - wow, so your father in law can sleep in a 30" bunk? Kudos to him! I really wanted as big a bed as I could get, which is why I ended up deciding on the Sandpiper. My lower bunk is 44" x 72". Good suggestion about the foam. I will have to look into that. I did wonder what people do for a ladder on the top bunks, particularly for smaller children. We might have to figure out a ladder and a bed rail for one upper bunk at some point soon.
Yep, both in-laws are on 30" bunks. We opted for the sofa/air bed instead of the bottom bunk on the driver's side with the expectation that my in-laws would sleep together in that. Turns out, mother-in-law is anti-air bed. (shrugs)

For the bunk above the outdoor kitchen, there are a variety of after-market ladders available. For the bunk on the driver's side (above your bed), it's trickier because the ladder would have to clear the lower bunk first. Then it's so horizontal that it's at an awkward angle. I've got some crazy ideas in my mind that I have to figure out for ours.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #20
Always Learning

Quote:
ependydad - I have been studying all the postings on here about trucks and weight. Again, learning all the acronyms has been fun. I might drive my son in law nuts asking him about it, but I just don't want to get to Ohio and have a problem. I think we are borderline on pulling with this truck. We won't normally be traveling with it, since we mainly plan to park it for the whole summer at a campground by the lake nearby. Getting it back to Kansas from Ohio may be our biggest trip.
It'll all make your head swim! I know it took me months to finally figure out what the terms meant and how they applied to our situation.

If the truck doesn't work out, would your son-in-law consider having it delivered straight to the campground? I know I've read about other members doing just that.