Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2015, 10:12 PM   #1

Auto leveler won't work

Picked up new 2016 REBH today. Brought it home, leveled it up, unhooked. Hooked RV to electricity & moved contents of a 2012 Georgetown over to the new 371REBH. When I closed things down, ready to hook back up the auto leveler would not do anything. No lights, no messages. Has anyone had this to happen to them?
Thanks
Jmitch86
Jmitch86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:21 AM   #2

There is a fuse for the auto level on the passenger side of the camper near the slide valve controls.

It's possible you blew the 10A fuse. It happens once in awhile...
denali15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:05 AM   #3

Same thing happened to me. Was a fuse.
Wumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #4

Thanks, my problem was a fuse. Replaced it and was off and running. This site has saved me twice now. 🙂
Great help, Thanks everyone. MERRY CHRISTMAS 🌲
Jmitch86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:19 PM   #5

Excellent, and Merry Christmas to you! This site has saved and informed me countless times. Some great people on here always willing to help and give advice!
Old 12-09-2015, 05:31 PM   #6

I keep a full supply of the fuses. Mine blows nearly every time my single battery drops below an unknown level. Dealer has checked and it seems nothing is wrong with the unit other than when the battery drops below a certain amperage? the fuse blows.
rainsmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmik View Post
I keep a full supply of the fuses. Mine blows nearly every time my single battery drops below an unknown level. Dealer has checked and it seems nothing is wrong with the unit other than when the battery drops below a certain amperage? the fuse blows.

I also keep a little fuse kit in the camper. Ours has only blown twice. Once in the middle of the summer and once when it was cold when I was closing it up for storage.

Our dealer installed two batteries in our trailer. They said it was pretty much required with auto level and residential fridge....
Old 12-10-2015, 10:13 AM   #8

I wonder if it is related...

My REBH came with 2 batteries, I do not have the auto level.

When I get mine home from the dealer after purchase, I found a melted 10ga wire coming from the batteries to the hydraulics. It ended up being caused by the dealer. When they plug the RV into their forklift to run the slides out, without both batteries in place, it drew too much power through the 10ga wire.

Are you running your auto level while plugged in to your tow vehicle or plugged into an outlet?

2010 F250 King Ranch
2015 371REBH

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Magiccowinuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:22 AM   #9

I pretty much always use mine not connected to the tow vehicle or plugged in unless I am re-leveling the camper after a few days of camping.

When we got the two batteries from the dealer they weren't inter-connected. I bought jumpers and connected them together.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:03 PM   #10

Mine is going in for service in a few weeks. I've blown 5 15 amp fuses on it in 3 trips, the last trip blowing 2 within 5 minutes. Lippert said it is a low voltage problem causing the amps to spike. Unit has 2 new batteries and was hooked to shore power when they blew. Frustrating!
Old 02-01-2016, 05:05 PM   #11

Before I installed two 6 volt batteries, we had one group 24. Prior to our trip I had the battery on a charger at home just to make sure it was charged. Installed the day before to get the fridge going. The next day when we went to leave, I went to raise the landing gear and I got a beep and a low voltage indication. Plugged into the truck for about 20 minutes and was able to hitch up. Drove for about 6 hours to the campground then unhitched and tried to auto level. Partway through for a beep and a low voltage indication again. Plugged into shore power and all was good. Two points; one group 24 is nowhere near acceptable for auto leveling. The second is that we never blew a fuse, just got the low voltage indication. The wires for the batteries are 4 gauge though. Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-02-2016, 04:57 PM   #12

When I took delivery of my Sierra, my level up system power for the controller was hook into the hydraulic pump when I raised or lower landing gear it would blow fuse. I wired up a dedicated power supply from battery to the controller haven't had any issues since I did this. Don't know if this would help with your issues or not but Lippert recommends a dedicated power supply to controller with 10 amp fuse.

Matt & Sondra
2016 Sierra 377flik
2003 F350 6.0 Powerstroke
Curt Q20 hitch
k8mlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #13

Anyway you could post a pic of that? I'd like to show that to the service rep when I drop it off. Also, any contact info at Lippert that recommended that fix? Thanks!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:19 PM   #14

Call Lippert, and tell them to email you the correct way it needs to be hooked into, they really are pretty good to deal with that i have found, not to happy with some products but good CS I have found. Worth a try...Good Luck and safe travels.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:07 PM   #15

Level_Up_Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

This is level up trouble shooting guide pdf it has diagrams may be of some help.

Matt & Sondra
2016 Sierra 377flik
2003 F350 6.0 Powerstroke
Curt Q20 hitch
k8mlp is offline   Reply With Quote