Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2016, 06:45 AM   #1

Camper in the shop

I have a Sierra Fifth wheel (2014). This spring while going to a remote camp site the camper was stuck in the mud and damaged when pulled out. It has been at the camper sales/service facility now for two and half months. I am out of patience. They tell me that they are waiting for Forest River to send parts and they take a long time. Can anyone confirm that?
jas1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas1972 View Post
I have a Sierra Fifth wheel (2014). This spring while going to a remote camp site the camper was stuck in the mud and damaged when pulled out. It has been at the camper sales/service facility now for two and half months. I am out of patience. They tell me that they are waiting for Forest River to send parts and they take a long time. Can anyone confirm that?
RV shops are always slow. They do give priority to customers who purchased their RVs from them.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:49 AM   #3

I have seen posted on this site.

FR sent the wrong part or it was the wrong color or the part was broken during shipping.

Also I have seen reports of the dealer just not doing their job of ordering the parts in the first place and then put the blame on FR for the above reasons.

If you did not buy your unit from the dealer then you are "if we can get to it"
generally this means it will not see the inside of a service bay.

HOUND THE DEALER, in person or over the phone.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:39 AM   #4

St. Louis RV, O'Fallon, MO

Our experience with having body work done at a FR service center was excellent. Paint had begun peeling off the front, upper panel of our Salem Cruise Lite, which was out of warranty. We called FR and they covered it and sent the affected panel to St. Louis RV in O'Fallon, MO. We didn't purchase our trailer there but it was the only FR shop that did body work. WE had it in for only a week and they did a great job.
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 12:42 PM   #5

We had a rock shield that was damaged, contacted a dealer that we didn't buy our trailer from to get a quote and to see if they had parts on hand. I got the quote to repair including parts and one without parts. I then called FR and order parts and had them send parts to my house. I then called dealer made appointment took trailer in and got repaired in 1 day. This includes parts and putting on new graphics that I gave them. So if your rv isn't under warranty and you do not want to wait months to get your rv repaired, order parts needed then have dealer do labor you'll get it back mucher faster without excuses. My insurance reimbursed me the cost of repair and parts. FR got the parts to me in a week.
Joe-Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #6

Thanks to everyone for your info. A lesson to me for sure about how to handle your RV if damaged. Took the advice of my insurance agent (that will not happen again).
jas1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:42 PM   #7

Is it at the dealer you bought it from?

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:02 PM   #8

Quote:
They tell me that they are waiting for Forest River to send parts and they take a long time.
Tell the dealer you're angry with Forest Rivers service and ask for a COPY of the ORDER they CLAIM to have PLACED so you can follow up with Forest River Management.
My guess is the REAL runaround will begin then...and you'll know who is really at fault.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Tell the dealer you're angry with Forest Rivers service and ask for a COPY of the ORDER they CLAIM to have PLACED so you can follow up with Forest River Management.
My guess is the REAL runaround will begin then...and you'll know who is really at fault.
X2.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #10
Happy Camper

If dealing with CW of Birmingham (AL.), GOODLUCK
Johntgif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:11 AM   #11

I was going to make a comment about forest river shipping parts when needed but to tell you the truth once the sale is made on a new unit they don't care if you need parts or not
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:59 PM   #12

Lengthy delays in receiving service

I have found that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Turned out like others have said and it was the dealer who was dragging his feet on my coach when it needed service. Calling, daily if necessary, and going in to the dealer regularly, if possible, can get things moving.
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper