Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2017, 06:28 PM   #1

Cold FR Sierra owner with two dogs

Hello Friends

I have a 43ft Sierra 376BHOK 5th wheel and my furnace is not lighting.

I am close to losing my mind because nobody including Forest River can tell me where it is located in my RV.

Some say it is under a panel under the sink in my kitchen. It isn't. I looked. A lot. Some say it is under the shower stall. I am convinced that is closer. I am also praying that you would not have to take out the shower unit to access the furnace! Some say there is a panel outside. There is a panel for the water heater but not for the furnace.

I am now about to climb in the basement/storage area and see if I can open a panel in there.

Eventually I would have to take the underside of my RV apart and try to access from under the RV.

I know where the furnace outlets are. They are on the side of the RV next to the water heater panel. The water heater and stove work fine.

I am a 30 year time served merchant marine engineer and would be embarrassed to weep but please is there anybody out there who can tell me how I can access the furnace so that when a technician comes I can tell him where it is and have it accessible.

TIA

John Collins
JohnCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #2

You should be able to follow the sound of the air and the clicking. Take an outlet off and try to follow the ductwork to the unit. There should be some sort of grate or air inlet. On my motorhome the unit is under the fridge. On my last 5th wheel it was under the oven.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #3
clr

If you know where the furnace outlets are you know where the furnace is. I will be inside right behind the wall from the furnace outlets. In my 5th wheel you have to remove the interior wall or panel on the rear of the storage compartment. Once you removed the panel you will be able to see both the water heater and the furnace.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:39 PM   #4

Looking at pictures of your unit it is located next to your water heater. Take out the wall in your basement storage next to the wet bay and you should be able to access the heater.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:51 AM   #5

Thank you for all replies. At the weekend I will empty the basement, climb inside and take off the panel(s) that allows me access to the furnace.
JohnCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCollins View Post
Hello Friends

I have a 43ft Sierra 376BHOK 5th wheel and my furnace is not lighting.

I am close to losing my mind because nobody including Forest River can tell me where it is located in my RV.

Some say it is under a panel under the sink in my kitchen. It isn't. I looked. A lot. Some say it is under the shower stall. I am convinced that is closer. I am also praying that you would not have to take out the shower unit to access the furnace! Some say there is a panel outside. There is a panel for the water heater but not for the furnace.

I am now about to climb in the basement/storage area and see if I can open a panel in there.

Eventually I would have to take the underside of my RV apart and try to access from under the RV.

I know where the furnace outlets are. They are on the side of the RV next to the water heater panel. The water heater and stove work fine.

I am a 30 year time served merchant marine engineer and would be embarrassed to weep but please is there anybody out there who can tell me how I can access the furnace so that when a technician comes I can tell him where it is and have it accessible.

TIA

John Collins
Or you could get a third dog for those really cold Three Dog Nights.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Hope you figure it out.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:56 PM   #7

any chance you have a cold air return? under the oven i have the brown screen. if you remove that you can access the furnace.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3400.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	156098  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #8

Have you turned the furnace off and back on at the thermostat? This will reset the control board lock out on a failure to fire. Below I have pasted a link from the library at the top of this page. Page 22 of the manual is on trouble shooting.

Forest River Forums - Downloads - Furnace - Suburban Operation (Various models)

Hope This Helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #9

Under the refer?
Waynedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #10

looked at several models on the internet and most have what looks like return air grills in the stairs. I would look around there for a door panel that is screwed shut.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:34 PM   #11

are you plugged in to 110 power? furnace needs to have more that 11 volts DC from the battery. if it has less than this the control board will lock out and not let the furnace run.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:37 PM   #12

Heater

Go to the outside of you trailer and look for the heater exhaust vents heater will be on other side of the wall, take down access panels as needed. Did you try turning the unit off at the thermostat 30 seconds and then back on? I don`t mean using the mode button I mean use the power button.
Okiefatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:58 PM   #13
Site Team

Folks, we appreciate your help but the OP hasn't logged in exactly one month.
Last Activity: 11-09-2017 09:51 AM

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sierra