Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #1

Fantastic Fan in kitchen 365SAQ

I have been thinking of adding a Fantastic Fan to my 365SAQ in the kitchen / living room area. There is already a roof vent in this area and I guess one of the options available was to have a fantastic or equivivent fan installed during the build.

My questions are, has anyone added a fan and if so, what model? Was the wiring already in place and running down to the panel where the switch is to be located? My panel has a blank in the spot for the kitchen fan, so I know it will be easy to add the switch, I think the hardest part will be getting the wiring installed.

Thanks for any help and or suggestions.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Albeit a little different scenario I added a fantastic fan to my bedroom.
I just used the ceiling light wiring which already existed and use the light switch to turn it on and off.
Easy for me I could turn the lights on and off manually as I can reach them.

There most likely only be wiring in the ceiling for lights so if you want them separate you'll have to run new wires.

I would add another switch so you can run the fan in either direction.

Here's my roof install.

TURBS

golf cart safety instructor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1388960158719.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	44546   Click image for larger version

Name:	1388960190509.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	44547  
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:49 AM   #3

You have some options. Look at fantastic fan website. They have several models to choose.

For those of you that want to upgrade your fantastic fan.
look at campers world website they sell a fantastic fan upgrade kit for existing fantastic fans. They say it fits every model which has the automatic opener and remote. This would work good for the some/fan which is so high in the kitchen.

I agree the wires should be up there. The fan switch in mine is located to the left of the thermostat so if FR pre wired for the fan, the wires may already be in the ceiling.
jrobichaud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365saq, fan