Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2017, 09:55 PM   #1

Finally get our camper back

After all the trouble we have had with a brand new camper . We are suppose to get it back tomorrow from the dealer we purchased it from. Bought it in April 17, 2017 still waiting on side doors, but they have plugged the holes on the side and drilled drain plugs in the bottom. I hope that June 2, 2017 is a better start to our new camper.
Trishatrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:30 PM   #2

Yours was quicker than ours. We were out of service for a total of about 8 months of our first year. They have been holding off doing any more work to our rig so they can run the warranty out and won't even talk to me anymore.
spaach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:43 AM   #3

Oh not so good. Our floor still not fixed. But we brought it home they are coming to our house with the side doors and the floor guy. They had it since May 6 and could not get that done.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:44 AM   #4

I would contact forest river directly.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaach View Post
Yours was quicker than ours. We were out of service for a total of about 8 months of our first year. They have been holding off doing any more work to our rig so they can run the warranty out and won't even talk to me anymore.
Sounds like time for a face to face, and arrange to get forest river on the line while you are at the dealer.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:25 AM   #6

They are making the campers horrible. If I knew all the things I know now I would have never bought a camper
Old 06-05-2017, 03:15 AM   #7
Texas

A new rig is nice to have as long as you just get the best possible price on it - Day one...
My original dealer wanted to schedule my "drop-off" appointment 7 weeks out, then who knows how long they would just sit on it before I could results...
I decided the make the 1500 mile trip, one way, to the factory - and they got started on it a 5am the day I dropped it off - 3 days later, all done...
Made for a nice road trip, visited some friends, and did a few factory tours while in Indiana.
Now I did have to really communicate with the factory, with "write-ups" and lots of pictures - but they agreed for me to return it to the factory since I only had 2 months remaining on the warranty.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #8

Doesn't seem right that if your camper sits unusable for months waiting on warranty work, it should count against your warranty time.

I understand that's the way it is, but it doesn't seem right.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper