RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-12-2020, 02:39 PM   #1
David “Red” Cross

Flushing the black tank

Ok so, 2nd time out in the new 384BQOK. First time was an overnight stop at a KOA on the way home from picking it up. This time was 4 days at a state park. Anyway, dumped the black tank at the front and went to flush it but nothing. There are 2 connections for flushing. One for the front and one for the rear black tank. Anyone know which port is for which tank? Maybe I had the wrong one. The upper port did nothing. It’s like it is capped off on the back side. I’m attaching a picture. Thanks in advance for the help. My Forest River Sierra manual doesn’t cover this. Oh wait.....What manual. Lol. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0630.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	455.4 KB
ID:	241028
Red Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:09 PM   #2
David “Red” Cross

So Boone has this setup?
Old 10-15-2020, 08:25 PM   #3

Not the same setup, but honestly it almost looks as though the top Black Tank Flush was mis-labeled. I'm assuming your city water is on the left where you've attached your angled connector...isn't your fresh water tank fill supposed to be where the top black tank flush is labeled? Am I missing something?
TinyHousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:41 PM   #4
David “Red” Cross

The white is the fresh water intake. I was told at the dealership that the top black was the front black tank and the bottom black was for the rear black tank. I’m going to empty out the storage compartment this weekend and remove storage side in order to see where it is or isn’t connected to.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:47 PM   #5

oh i see now...you adjust the colored levers depending on your setup. hope you have success in figuring it out!
TinyHousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:46 PM   #6
David “Red” Cross

I removed the side cover this evening and both of the Black tank flushed go up into the floor under the shower. I guess I have to find a way to take a peek in there. There is a Binet in the bedroom built into the wall behind the shower. Going to see what it will take to remove it to see if something is blocked or ????

I really don’t want to take it back to the dealer. The horror stories of 5 and 6 weeks. I would loose my cool.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:06 AM   #7

I have an 2014 Sandpiper which comes out of the same factory as Sierra. My black tank flushers are labeled wrong. Front is back and back is front. You can run some water in one of them and open up dump gates to see which one has water coming out. If you get up under the camper you can hear which tank the water is going in.
Hope you get it figured out.
The Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, flush, tank