Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #1

Question InterVac Central Vacuum hose too short

Central vacuum on 2018 387MKOK is located in the upstairs bathroom which is really convenient for bedroom and bathroom. Hose doesn't stretch to back corner of living room and if hose is stretched to limit, it has an unbearable squeal. InterVac is sending me a 5' longer hose so hopefully will resolve. Anyone else had this issue or solved it? I think Forest River should have installed central vacuum in kitchen island since already has AC power, in middle of RV so hose reaches both ends, and island is not in slide.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:15 AM   #2

I have a 2016 Sierra 355re my intervac is located in between the kitchen and living room and my hose is to short to reach into the far side of the bedroom. I am going to have to get a hose extension who did you contact about the hose and did they charge you for it? Thank you in advance.
Okiefatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:50 PM   #3

Hi Okiefatman,
I emailed Intervac customer service at intervac@intervacdesign.com and only way to solve the hose squeal I guess is to have longer single hose. He didn't offer extension but did say I can put hoses together to reach back corner of RV. I don't expect to be charged since he asked for shipping address and didn't ask for CC info but my 5th wheel is brand new so still under warranty.