Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2017, 10:19 PM   #1

Porch lights

Even though many of the lights in our FR Sierra 377FLIK 5th wheel are LEDs, the bulbs on the porch lights (amber light sockets above and below door) are regular automotive bulbs. They burn out quickly. Has anyone changed these out for bulb-style LED conversions? I see lots of colors and wattages, so I'd be interested in actual experience.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:56 PM   #2

I did it on my old camper. It's just a matter of matching the base style of the bulb. There are direct automotive led replacement bulbs everywhere from Amazon to many auto stores. The original bulb may have a number on the base like 1095, 1156, etc, that you can use to find an LED replacement.

As far as wattage, LED's generally use far less wattage than the incandescent bulbs, so overloading isn't a problem.

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 01:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktvaughan View Post
Even though many of the lights in our FR Sierra 377FLIK 5th wheel are LEDs, the bulbs on the porch lights (amber light sockets above and below door) are regular automotive bulbs. They burn out quickly. Has anyone changed these out for bulb-style LED conversions? I see lots of colors and wattages, so I'd be interested in actual experience.
I changed mine out to LED. I bought them from Star Light in Goleta, Ca. I changed out my 2 scare lights and the amber porch light. Big difference, they were pricey IMO I think they where then like 20 or 25.00 each that was 4 years ago still working great.....They kinda look like a paddle...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktvaughan View Post
My porch lights were 1003's and only lasted about a week before burning out.
I replaced them with these LED's. Going good for a couple weeks now.

https://www.amazon.com/Extremely-10-...se+BackUp+Bulb
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light