Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2018, 06:46 AM   #1

Rear stabilizer jacks

Hello, I need help with my Forest River Sierra 5th wheel. My rear stabilizer jacks are stuck, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have checked the fuse, and the wires.
Mcnet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcnet22 View Post
Hello, I need help with my Forest River Sierra 5th wheel. My rear stabilizer jacks are stuck, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have checked the fuse, and the wires.
Check your hydraulic reservoir, make sure level OK. 2nd, check house battery charge condition. If my batteries get a little low, Auto level jacks stop working. You didn't specify stuck up or down but do the forward units move freely? Just the rear stuck?
RonandMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:00 PM   #3

If it’s the electric motor driven rear stabilizers try turning the threaded shaft slitely from the end. Motor may have moisture in it.
Nascon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:04 PM   #4

I know that this is late on your post but if you have not been able to fix the problem then maybe this will help. Check the motor to see it the lock pin has come out. I had to have my rear jacks replace because the pin came out. My pin dropped completely out but I can see where if a pin came out just a little then it might stop the motor from turning. Also you should have a manual crank in your front storage compartment. If you do have then use the crank on the drivers side of the camper to try to turn the shaft to see if your motor may be locked up. Hope this helps.

Freddie & Linda
2015 FR Sierra 330RLS & 2003 Dodge 2500 4X4 Diesel
TMPS for Camper & TV
Dakota EV is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks

« LP | Water pump »