Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #1

Security systems

So I’ve been on here trolling, lol looking around and noticed there is a bit of theft in camp sites. Not a lot, just enough to keep it on your mind. Here’s my question, who all runs security systems in their campers? Care to post details? Pictures? Routing? I just bought one and intend setting it up this weekend. I’m just wondering about the mounts, rakes 3 screws per camera and the base and stud stick out appropriately 3 1/2 inches. Didn’t really matter to me when sitting still, but between jobs on the road. Not too sure about. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5953.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	157772Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5955.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	157773
Jeff6146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #2

In six years never had anything stolen from our site. I do keep our bikes locked up but kayaks, grills, chairs etc all remain out even when we are gone on 8 hour day trips. In truth is be more concerned someone stealing the whole RV which is why I keep a lock on the pin.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:44 PM   #3

my neighbor across the road said the same thing here. and it’s been great so far, a guy 2 spots down moved in and in a week had his $400 cooler stolen and some lawn chairs at a different time. i guess he’s just unlucky. lol
Jeff6146 is offline   Reply With Quote