Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #1

Sierra 365saq floor squeak

Anybody have any floor squeaks in there sierra 365? I have several annoying squeaks, dealer and fr says little can be done???
Also have very low air flow in the bunk house anybody run into this issue? Any ideas what is causing low air flow??? Dealer and fr are not overly helpful.
Dmaxsierra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:20 PM   #2

Pull the A/C vents on each end of trailer and block off the air flow just past that vent, I use towels. A lot of air pressure gets lost going to nowhere. I also put duct tape on the side of my middle vents closing off half of the vent opening. Both of these have helped with moving more air to the ends. Also make sure tape around the vent opening is not sticking up blocking air flow.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

1] be careful not to block off to much air flow , your a/c may freeze up.

2) my sabre was missing the air distribution plenum in my unit.
Dealer fixed under warranty.

Btw mine was opposite front bedroom no air , rear bunk house way to much air!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:26 PM   #4

We have an annoying squeak in the kitchen area of ours, but never have investigated it...just part of it I guess.
I had air flow issues with ours and found out as the previous poster mentioned that by closing the "ends" of the camper air flow has increased some. I also removed the vent covers at the ceiling and taped up the gap between the air duct and the ceiling. Both of those items seemed to have improved flow.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:23 PM   #5

Thanks
Also I find it is really hard to regulate the heat. In the bedroom and bathroom it gets too hot and the bunk house it is too cold. The thermostat is at the back end of the living area so on cold nights the furnace runs all the time trying to heat the living room mean while like I said too hot/cold at the ends. So I blocked off the front bedroom and bathroom heat vents to try to heat bunkhouse and is still pretty cool in the bunkhouse and the furnace still runs a constantly.
So this year I am going to check to see that the duct work isn't apart somewhere underneath and put adjustable vents on the floor. Also considering moving thermostat into bunkhouse. Also at homedepot I say a floor vent with a built in fan regulated with its own thermostats so may try that.
Any thoughts. Thank you all for your comments/help.
Dmaxsierra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxsierra2 View Post
Thanks
Also I find it is really hard to regulate the heat. In the bedroom and bathroom it gets too hot and the bunk house it is too cold. The thermostat is at the back end of the living area so on cold nights the furnace runs all the time trying to heat the living room mean while like I said too hot/cold at the ends. So I blocked off the front bedroom and bathroom heat vents to try to heat bunkhouse and is still pretty cool in the bunkhouse and the furnace still runs a constantly.
So this year I am going to check to see that the duct work isn't apart somewhere underneath and put adjustable vents on the floor. Also considering moving thermostat into bunkhouse. Also at homedepot I say a floor vent with a built in fan regulated with its own thermostats so may try that.
Not really a fix for your problem, but since we mostly camp at state parks and pay the same for electric if we use it or not. We have two small electric heaters that we use and try not to burn any gas. One in the kitchen near the bunk room with the door open, and then a smaller one on top of the dresser in the front bed room.

Good luck,
Jeff
2008 Wildcat 32QBBS(your pregnant again), 2004 Wildcat 29BHBP (oooh twins), 2000 Travel Supreme (pre kids)
Dirt_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:37 PM   #7

We also use electric heaters in the winter, to save on propane.
We a couple small ceramic heaters strategically placed and they have served us well.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #8

I had a squeak in my living room I pulled back the carpet and put 6 additional screws in the flood board into the floor beams. squeak is gone. Dealer should be able to do this they just don't want to.
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxsierra2 View Post
Thanks
We hav found with our 365 that it depends on the humidity whether the floor squeaks when we first got the trl. the deealer made shims to slide in between the floor and frame that took care of the BH but we have a couple when humidity gets low I think it's because of the soft suspension
and distance from tires and front jacks. Next trl will have six jacks leveling system.
As far as the heat goes I put adj. vents in front and bath also put a magnetic coveer in Br. the front vents are on one tube and Lr. and BH are on another but the back tube has to go around tanks and each 90* bend will decrease flow by a % which don't know Amt. but i had the mech. take about 3ft. of hose out of the back line so now the flow is a little better.
Also the shelf in front closet start in the middle to sag so i put a 2x4 leg under front edge permenently and glued and screwed the back with at least
6 screws on both sides to secure it now i have to do the left side before i trade it this summer. Other than these i love the trl. but i'm going to get the 376 to have a bigger living room and still have the BH with the polar-tech package insulated windows and 20cuft. frig.
Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
We also use electric heaters in the winter, to save on propane.
We a couple small ceramic heaters strategically placed and they have served us well.
We do the with the heaters
Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365saq, sierra