Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2015, 08:11 PM   #1

Wire size help

Trying to install a fantastic fan in the Sierra. What size wire do these require. I found several wires in the ceiling, 2 look like regular house wire probably 14/2. Those I assume are 120 Volt

Next I found what looks like about 12 guage single strand wires one white and one blue. 12 Volt???? Have to check.

Then theres a loop of wire right beside the fanless vent that is there now, but it looks like phone wire its flat and equal in size to telephone wire. I don't have phone jacks in the RV so???

Any help or input is GREATLY appreciated.
mrwoodmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:42 PM   #2

The flat wire is probably a thermostat wire for an A/C. Put a meter on the white and blue those should be your 22 volt.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #3

Sorry that was 12 volts not 22.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #4

I do not have a Sierra but a CC 36 CKTS but after checking my fans I found that you are right the 14/2 with ground is 120 volt, the blue and white are your 12 volt DC now as for the other cable I am thinking that might be for your remote control of the fan or it is the thermostat wire for you air. Is it connected to anything or just there?
2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote