Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #1

2010 28' Wildcat 5th wheel TV reception poor

Seems like we never have great reception with the cable at rv parks. We have nice 23" LCD & not sure if the rig has problems or it is just the parks...anyone other wildcat owners have tv reception problems?
webmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #2

If you're hooked up to campground cable, you need to make sure your antenna power booster is turned off.
Foley5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Campfire Master

My Wildcat had the wires going to the booster on the wrong terminals. The booster has two inputs and one output. Antenna in, cable in, and aux. out. I also found that all the cable end terminals throughout were put on with a hammer and chisel. I replaced all of them and now both the antenna reception and cable hookup are fine.
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #4

TV Reception

Real good point folley cause many people do over look that. That's not my problem though. I'm thinking that some older parks may have some problems. Also can I assume they must boost the signal?...maybe just can't compare with home LOL!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #5

Thanks Avid, wasn't aware of a booster. Do you mean the splitter located near the TV? Also, do you know if there are any connections that we cannot get to or are they all at the cable ends?
Old 07-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #6

K, just checking. Come to think of it, I had crappy reception at the hill city koa in south Dakota. I won't have campground cable again until August, so I'll compare at that time.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #7

Yep, reception sucks with campground cable. Better if you have only one tv on at a time. Outside kitchen tv has the worst reception.

Tags
5th wheel, tv reception