Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2019, 10:57 AM   #1

2018 Forest River Wildcat 312RLI

Thinking about buying a 2018 Forest River Wildcat. It's brand new siting on our local dealers lot. Any pros or cons about this,brand. Currently have a 2018 Apex 24', looking for something bigger.
Caroljean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:39 PM   #2

We have a 2016 29rlx Wildcat. We really like it and we have not had any issues out of the ordinary. When we looked at other comperable brands, Jayco, couger, the wildcat fit and finish and over all quality seemed better for the same price.

I would find the floor plan you like and go walk through all the brands that are similar and see which one will fit you the best.

Good Luck!
corocky1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:29 PM   #3

Just look it over very carefully. We have a 2018 Wildcat 383MB. We like it a lot but have had a few issues that were displeasing. When Forest River decided to start making some of these Wildcats in the Prime Time factory, some of the workmanship went to pot. I say that due to the bad experience and worthless P.O.S Crusader Lite we had. Nothing but problems.

Our only issue with our Wildcat has been some fit and finish things but two serious, or at least I consider serious; the roof membrane was not put on properly. Lots of loose "wrinkles and kinks" and my kitchen slide is still not straight. Top is out further than the bottom.

Kind of went off course there but again, look it over close. We do like ours and it's everything we have wanted and needed.
RolnThndrCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, forest river, wildcat