Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2016, 03:00 PM   #1

262 RGX thoughts

Curious as to what others think about the Wildcat Maxx 262RGX, or the Maxx series in general? We purchased a 2016, 26RGX in June of last year. Used it a few times before we had to put to away for the winter, but have run into a few frustrating items:
1) No real owners manual. What's up with this? a $50K unit and you cannot get a real users manual, just some online junk that really answers no questions?
2) Trying to find items that are hidden away, such as fuse block for front jacks. Found to be hidden behind paneling in right front storage area. Even the dealer had no idea where this was at.
3) No independent front jacks for leveling RV???
In general, I like the comfort and interior of the unit, but am disappointed in other aspects. I have had 3 Alpenlite 5th wheels and when comparing this to them, it is a bit disappointing.
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:47 PM   #2

We bought a new 262RGX in May of last year. We generally really like it. We almost have all of the saw dust cleaned out of it I think.

We haven't had any big issues that prevent us from enjoying it. I've been able to fix the little stuff that always crops up. Yes, no real owners manual. The only real manuals are the ones for the individual appliance and structural items like the slides. I've never seen an RV with a real owners manual.

The only real problem with ours is that the front fiberglass cap started to fade by October. I've polished out the oxidation twice. While it comes out looking really nice once again, it only lasts a few weeks until the oxidation begins to return. I have a claim filed with Forest River. Not sure what I'll do --- was hoping that polishing out that oxidation would be a solution that I could live with, but that'll be a lot of work if I have to do it every two months.
bruceatlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:09 PM   #3

Guess I sound like I am really squawking. Just a bit frustrated in not being able to find things easily. Every time I go to do something, it seems to be an adventure. As to manuals, all the Alpenlites I had were complete manuals of ALL systems, electrical, plumbing, etc. Easy to work with along with "how to's". It seems that is all a thing of the past now. I still have a few small warranty items to get taken care of. Truth is, I like the unit, the layout, and how it tows. I just wish it was a bit more user friendly.
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:14 AM   #4
Site Team

Most RV manufacturers only provide generic owners manuals anymore.
Not just FR.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:21 PM   #5

I have the 262RGX and have had issues. None that I couldn't handle or that the shop didn't fix. Had the front cap fade, shop repainted and clear coated it. Any and all issues that I could not fix were handled by the ship through Forest River. No manual, but have had several RV's and pretty much have learned my way around em'.
I suggest that all of us who own the 262 keep this thread going with posts about things we find.

I have had direct email contact with the factory on things that I needed, sometimes getting help and sometimes not.

We really like the trailer and pretty much have the bugs worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Craig Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:40 PM   #6

So we have a 2015 262 RGX and we love it only had two problems my master remote stop working and front cap is fading got the remote fixed fast just took it in for the front cap two weeks a go still have not heard back we live in Northern California Been to the state of Washington twice I have Solar panels on the roof and they work great for dry camping on the coast of California Aaron and we are in Disneyland right now love that trailer

wwalker2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:43 PM   #7

What was issue with the remote? And the fix?

Old 03-26-2016, 10:19 PM   #8

Master stop working they put a hole new master in

Old 03-26-2016, 10:21 PM   #9

Good to know this stuff. Thanks for the info.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:22 PM   #10

Ok

Old 03-26-2016, 11:37 PM   #11

Added a TV mount in the bedroom with a little help from the factory. See below. Used stud finder, worked out great.

The backer for that TV is located at the just behind the window in the sidewall. It starts at the top rear corner and extends over 21 inches. From the top of the window it goes up towards the ceiling and is about 16 inches tall. I recommend that you verify it being there by either poking through the panel with an ice pick or by using a stud finder.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:30 PM   #12

Took mine to CW to be fixed, front cap fading. CW told factory they need to replace front cap ... I told them they were nuts, just repaint and clearcoat. Waiting to see what they come up with :0
pokechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:57 PM   #13

Personally wouldn't want to risk CW taking it off and installing new. Water leak issues later? Mine was sanded, painted and clear coated. Maybe CW just looking for a few extra 💵💵!

Old 03-30-2016, 06:52 PM   #14

Totally agree. I cant imagine it being cheaper to remove and replace than to sand and paint ... don't want to even think of leak issues!
Old 03-30-2016, 07:05 PM   #15

Get em' to paint! This is the guy I talked to:

Aaron Stanton
Warranty/Service Manager
503-831-5410
Fax 574-970-6860

Old 04-12-2016, 09:02 PM   #16

Taking mine in Saturday to get the front cap painted hope it don't take long I need it for memorial day weekend got a trip plans

Old 04-12-2016, 09:04 PM   #17

Stay on em'! Mine didn't take long, they had it for a week.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:09 PM   #18

Went to paint shop, guy there says paint wont last as long as a new cap, heat here gets in the 110's, said he will do it either way, just his 2 cents worth ... hhmm
Old 04-13-2016, 06:36 PM   #19

Hhhhmmm is right. Tell him to use better paint/clear coat and a better painter!!

Old 04-13-2016, 09:08 PM   #20

that's painted with imron and clear coat ... painter is a well known hot rod painter around town ... and factory is agreeing, I'm confused ...