Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2015, 05:36 PM   #1

28RKX TV Mount

I need reassurance before I go poking holes in my wall BUT......

It feels like there is a 18"X18" (ish) solid backer board in the bedroom to ease installing a wall mount TV.

Anyone know for sure?
GuppyWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:16 PM   #2

I have a 2016 28RKX and I do not have a "mount TV here" sticker in the bedroom like I've seen in many other RV's. It certainly appears that the only place to mount the bracket is above the "EXIT" window as all other walls are already used for doors and a wardrobe slide out. Also the antenna coaxial connection and power outlet is located there.
My suggestion is give your dealer a shout to verify that's the correct location and to be sure you're using the correct size and length of screws!
GOOD LUCK!!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:52 PM   #3

I went to the dealer today. Worthless. They simply don't care. All they do is drill a hole. If they happen to hit a stud they'll put a screw there. If they don't they put a toggle bolt.

I left a message with the factory. Will report back for the next guy that has this question.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:45 AM   #4

Wow, A toggle bolt in an RV wall! Not my idea of the correct method of attaching a TV mount to a rather thin wall. If you don't have any luck with FR, send me a PM, I have a great dealership and close relationship with the service manager.He will know OR find out the correct answer!!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyWN View Post
I need reassurance before I go poking holes in my wall BUT......

It feels like there is a 18"X18" (ish) solid backer board in the bedroom to ease installing a wall mount TV.

Anyone know for sure?
I just put one in a 27VRL. There was a mount tv here sticker. Knowing the wall is only 2" thick, obviously you probably don't want to go over an inch. What I observed is this, drilling through the interior panel was quick for all 6 holes I used. Right beyond that I felt like there might have been an aluminum plate, maybe 14ga. then the bit "broke through" so I stopped. Since I used the FR tv mount a #14 -1" (x6) sheet metal screw completed the deal. No question, the screws were threading into it. You might contact the FR service rep. Or if really in doubt, start out with a 1/16" bit and do exploratory surgery, that way you'll only have a small hole ( whoops!) to take care of.

jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #6

28RKX TV Mount

Got this from Forest River in regards to my 262RGX Maxx

The backer for that TV is located at the just behind the window in the sidewall. It starts at the top rear corner and extends over 21 inches. From the top of the window it goes up towards the ceiling and is about 16 inches tall. I recommend that you verify it being there by either poking through the panel with an ice pick or by using a stud finder. Hope this helps
Craig Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:00 PM   #7

Awesome to hear! I was worried my stud finder was not accurate due to the aluminum sidewall.

I did mount the bracket and the screws are tight as can be!

Tags
mount, tv mount