Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #1

293 REX production ?

How long does it take to build a 293 REX after the order reaches production?
I ordered a new 20015, dealer told us 4-6 weeks I get that with all the orders they have, just wondering how long it actual takes for one to go through production.
Gtrom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrom48 View Post
How long does it take to build a 293 REX after the order reaches production?
I ordered a new 20015, dealer told us 4-6 weeks I get that with all the orders they have, just wondering how long it actual takes for one to go through production.
I ordered a 282RKX on 2/28, and it was scheduled to be built by 4/2, which it was. Then it was about 2.5-3 weeks to ship from Indiana to Maryland (got here on 4/22). Scheduled to pick it up Tuesday!

Hope that helps,
-m

PS - If you really ordered a 20015 model, you have ~18,000 years.. so get comfy...
Old 05-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #3

Thanks,yea 18,000 is along time
Old 05-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
JAYCO Representative

Production lead times on new Wildcat retail orders at this time of the year are usually around 6 weeks, but delivery can be longer depending on where you are located. The RV industry is having a transport driver shortage that has backed up some deliveries of new units to dealerships by anywhere from 2-6 weeks! While I think the situation has improved in the last couple of weeks, we're still seeing slower than normal deliveries.
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #5

Thanks Chris,what I was really wanting to know is how long does it take to build this trailer 3 hrs - 3 days a week ?
Thanks George
Old 05-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #6
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
The RV industry is having a transport driver shortage that has backed up some deliveries of new units to dealerships by anywhere from 2-6 weeks! While I think the situation has improved in the last couple of weeks, we're still seeing slower than normal deliveries.
I wonder if there is a real shortage or is it that the industry is having problems because they don't pay enough to cover the real costs.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #7
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrom48 View Post
Thanks Chris,what I was really wanting to know is how long does it take to build this trailer 3 hrs - 3 days a week ?
Thanks George
Typically, any Wildcat floor plan can go through the production facility in 3-4 days from raw frame (custom ordered from BAL) to finished product "greened" and ready to ship! It's important to remember that this process starts weeks ahead of the day of scheduled production -- ordering in all of the very specific parts needed for each Wildcat. We also have a healthy backlog of both stock and retail orders from our dealers which we're working on at all times!

Please let me know if you have more questions! You're always welcome to come take a tour as well -- call 574-389-3232 to set up a tour!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #8
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
I wonder if there is a real shortage or is it that the industry is having problems because they don't pay enough to cover the real costs.
While there are many facets to why the shortage exists (and many drivers would probably agree with your statement), there truly is a higher than normal volume of units this year! RV shipments continue to increase in 2014 -- I'm very excited about the natural and sustained growth the RV industry is seeing. Some "industry experts" have said that the driver shortage will cost the industry upwards of $500M in lost sales -- so you can bet we're working on solutions to try to get units to dealer lots faster!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #9

Thanks, for your reply,you answered my question,and I appreciate it.
George