Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2015, 07:40 AM   #1

295rsx back in the shop

Went for a 7 day camping trip, had a leak in the bedroom slide coming out in the lower left corner near the shower, the floor continues to not stay glued. The shop said FR had issues with this type floor taking the glue that holds it down. They will replace the whole floor when the season is over. Lets see I have camped 11 days and the unit has been in the shop 65+ days. At least RV America is fixing the problems..
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:21 AM   #2

Same camper grout slide cut floor fr replaced it last winter after season no problem so far

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
tony p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:22 AM   #3

Well went out again and the bedroom slide still leaks, going to try a couple of things myself,tired of this stuff.....
Old 07-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #4

I also have a 2015 WildCat 295 RSX that has been in the shop twice for the bedroom slide leaking right by the shower. Got it right the second time, but pain in the butt having to drive an hour each way to drop it off and pick it up from the dealer.

Days Camped 2015 - 37
jkrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #5

We recently traded in our wildcat but also had the dreaded bedroom slide leak was in over 3 times without fix. I finally did my own water test found that it was leaking thru the front and running down inside along the part that seals against the unit and was actually running on the inside of the aluminum channel on the bottom of the slide and coming out inside the unit on to the floor. When I posted about this a while back several other people found the same problem.

Required having the seals removed and rebuilt as well as sealed correctly did not have any leak after that. We purchased a silverback and this is one of my big worries as the construction of the slide is the same maybe we will get lucky.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:16 AM   #6

I was thinking of running a small bead of caulk along that channel to eliminate that small ledge and putting a piece of weatherstripping so it butts against the seal when it's open..

Tags