Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2014, 05:49 AM   #1

2nd year warranty still available from FR?

We purchased a new Wildcat in April and will be picking it up from the dealer in early July. I know of the 10 day "rule" on the "extended 2nd year warranty" but since the unit has never left the dealers lot I thought I'd discuss an extension with FR. Do they still offer this 2nd year extension? If so, is it still $150? Who should I talk to at FR?

Thanks in advance for any info as our dealer did not tell us about this plan. I just stumbled across it on this forum.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:59 AM   #2

The Clock started running in (April)! Send in the (2nd year Form & The $$ now don't delay! Print form off of this Forum! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:23 AM   #3

I've read some posts here about dealers not discussing the extended warranty from FR and even 'losing' the form out of the documentation package...

That's why I was extremely (and pleasantly) surprised that when doing the final paperwork when picking up our brand-spanking new 5er, even before I could ask about it, the dealer trotted out the form, had us sign it and will be sending it in at no charge to us (included in purchase price). Nice!

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate your information. I called FR warranty today and they informed me that the "10 day period" after purchase was not in force due to the fact that they no longer except credit cards. I bought my unit in April and will pick it up in Washington St on July 8th. We actually bought it while there and had to find a tow vehicle when we returned home to Iowa so dealer is "storing" it for us. My 1st year warranty actually begins the day I drive it off the lot so I'll have a full 2 years when we pick it up on July 8th. Cost is $150 (check) to FR Warranty Department along with the application (you can print off this forum). Hope this helps others with the 2nd year FR warranty process/questions.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate your information. I called FR warranty today and they informed me that the "10 day period" after purchase was not in force due to the fact that they no longer except credit cards. I bought my unit in April and will pick it up in Washington St on July 8th. We actually bought it while there and had to find a tow vehicle when we returned home to Iowa so dealer is "storing" it for us. My 1st year warranty actually begins the day I drive it off the lot so I'll have a full 2 years when we pick it up on July 8th. Cost is $150 (check) to FR Warranty Department along with the application (you can print off this forum). Hope this helps others with the 2nd year FR warranty process/questions.

Iowa City "GO HAWKS"
I'm 45 minutes from hawk nation!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #6

Agree--GO HAWKS!!! We live a little south of Iowa City, born and raised in Cedar Rapids prior to moving here in 1986.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

35 minutes east of cr on 30
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #8

I never got a form, nor did my dealer mention it. I did, however, print and fill it out and mailed it to Forest River on my own with a check. A few weeks later, I got a copy of the form signed by someone at Forest River. I picked up my Wildcat in early May, and got the form back in early June. So they definitely are still doing it, but it's probably on you to deal with the process (which is pretty straightforward).

Tags
warranty