Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #1

312bhx Kitchen Questions

We are close to ordering this unit (east coast version), but have a couple questions. We like the non-outside kitchen model as it includes the BH dinette.

1. If we order the outside fridge, it looks like it cuts into the space for the kitchen drawers on the right side of the oven. Is this true? If so, does it come with shallower drawers?

2. If we don't order the outside fridge, is the outside fridge door still there for us to add a trash can? If so, how deep do the kitchen drawers go?

3. Is there a spot for a trash can? The door under the sink is only a half door. But curious if there is a door accessing under the sink near the entrance?

Thanks for all you help!
scroses40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

sorry I cannot add to your post but welcome to the forum!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #3

I have the same unit with out the outside kitchen so I will try to answer your questions the best I can. With no outside kitchen you do get a small door outside with a dorm sized fridge but you loose a stack of drawers in the kitchen. There really is no where in the kitchen cabinets to put a trash can. We keep ours under the fridge. Not sure you can get it with no fridge though. If you are handy there is a lot of wasted space under the stove and that's where I plan on putting a big pots and pans drawer.
the.wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply. My dealer emailed Forest River to confirm, but the brochure says the outside fridge is an option (not to be confused with the optional outside kitchen fridge.) We really want the drawers next to the oven, and hoping they don't come only with the outside kitchen option. I'll keep this post updated once we find out.

Thanks
Shawn
Old 05-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #5

We have a 312BHX w/ the outside kitchen. We looked at the same unit without the OK only to find out the unit was sold. The dealer had a 312 BHX-OK in route and once we saw it, the deal was done. The OK is a great addition and if you can get the "Touring Edition", its well worth the upgrade.
bka4tcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #6

We ordered ours today w/o the OK, but as noted there are no drawers to the right of the stove. However, we can order the cabinet face and add our own drawers. We think we'll put a big trash can slider in there and hopefully, we can add a pot/pans drawer under the stove.

They are telling us 6 weeks.

Can't wait!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scroses40 View Post
We are close to ordering this unit (east coast version), but have a couple questions. We like the non-outside kitchen model as it includes the BH dinette.

1. If we order the outside fridge, it looks like it cuts into the space for the kitchen drawers on the right side of the oven. Is this true? If so, does it come with shallower drawers?

2. If we don't order the outside fridge, is the outside fridge door still there for us to add a trash can? If so, how deep do the kitchen drawers go?

3. Is there a spot for a trash can? The door under the sink is only a half door. But curious if there is a door accessing under the sink near the entrance?

Thanks for all you help!
Have you ordered yet?

We don't do a lot of cooking inside the rv. I also wanted the bh dinette and the 4th bunk. We have 5 grandchildren.

Drawer space is very limited in our model. We would have liked a few more drawers but I couldn't ever give up my outside fridge. The cabinets over the couch work well to store our kitchen items.

Our trash can is in the corner by the inside fridge and the bunk house door. It doesen't seem to be in our way.

Good luck.

Bryan & Susan
2013 XLR Thunderbolt 300X12 Toy Hauler
2013 Chev 2500HD Crew Cab, Duramax, Allison
Ret. US Army Aviator
bdn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #8

Yes, we ordered it 3 weeks ago and did NOT get the outside kitchen. Instead, our dealer ordered the cabinet door for the space where the outside fridge goes. We did not get the fridge since it's electric only and we mostly dry camp. So, our plan is to add likely 1 drawer in that space and then put a garbage can underneath. As ordered without the fridge it will just be a huge empty space with no inside access. Hence, the cabinet door so we can customize it.

I hope you are enjoying your rig!

Shawn