Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #1

344QB picture request

New to campers/RVs and just purchased the 2015 39' Wildcat (344QB) and will pick it up this week.

In the meantime, I was hoping that someone had a picture of the interior, with the slide outs NOT extended.

I'd also settle for someone telling me what areas can or can not be accessed, if the slideouts are not deployed.

Wondering what sleeping areas can be accessed without extending the slideouts, if we stop to sleep in a overnight camper friendly area (have heard mixed reactions if slide outs are extended)

Thank you.
johnb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #2

Not sure about the 2015…but we have a 2014 344QB. Everything is accessible while traveling with the exception of rear bunks. Master BR, full bath, kitchen and dinette are easily accessible. If I remember right that is. It's been at the dealership about 4 of the 7 months we've owned it. Bought it from Camping World in Katy,Tx. Absolutely the worst customer service I've seen in my entire life.

2014 Wildcat 344QB
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins
Ryde-Ryte Air Bags just to level
Bunch of Friends and Grand-Kids.
mike3510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:32 AM   #3

I can tell you with the 2012 344QB the fridge and rear bath is the only accessible with the slides closed

from my S4 mini

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #4

What is your tow vehicle setup like? I am considering purchasing the exact same model at the beginning of next year. Do you have air bags, 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck, whatever advice would be greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=johnb007;700655]New to campers/RVs and just purchased the 2015 39' Wildcat (344QB) and will pick it up this week.

In the meantime, I was hoping that someone had a picture of the interior, with the slide outs NOT extended.

I'd also settle for someone telling me what areas can or can not be accessed, if the slideouts are not deployed.

Wondering what sleeping areas can be accessed without extending the slideouts, if we stop to sleep in a overnight camper friendly area (have heard mixed reactions if slide outs are extended)

Thank you.
chapmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #5

We have a 2012 F250 6.7 liter Diesel.

I spent hours studying the Ford Towing Guide and the Ford F250 specs for my truck, then compared the data with the Wildcats weight (GVWR, Hitch weight, Dry Weight, etc).

I ended up with this big data dump file in OneNote where I gathered Specs and data I needed to determine the Truck's abilities to tow.

Once I was sure my truck was good to go, then I purchased the 344QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmcd View Post
What is your tow vehicle setup like? I am considering purchasing the exact same model at the beginning of next year. Do you have air bags, 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck, whatever advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb007 View Post
New to campers/RVs and just purchased the 2015 39' Wildcat (344QB) and will pick it up this week.

Thank you.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #6

Thanks for the info. I have the exact same truck but it's a 2011 model. With a 6.7 liter diesel. I'm sure the specs are the same. Did u go with a standard hitch or a slider. That is one question that I cannot settle on. Half of the opinions prefer slider but some don't. What's your setup? Thanks
chapmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I have the exact same truck but it's a 2011 model. With a 6.7 liter diesel. I'm sure the specs are the same. Did u go with a standard hitch or a slider. That is one question that I cannot settle on. Half of the opinions prefer slider but some don't. What's your setup? Thanks
Truck specs change from year to year, so you really need to verify your exact model and configuration.

I have a standard 5th wheel hitch. You only need the more expensive and heavier slider hitch, if you have a shorter then 8 foot bed.

Verify your truck. If you don't and you have an accident, you may go to jail. You could also kill someone. Never assume.

The RV dealers will rarely tell you if you are looking at at something too heavy, for your truck...it's not on them, if you break your truck....or worse.

Just my .02
Old 10-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #8

Quote:
2011 and 2012 tow guide ratings are the same on the F250. One thing that many if not most of the F250 owners find out is that the rear does sag pretty well when loaded. Air bags are a very often aftermarket add to the F250 trucks.

As for needing a slider vs a stationary hitch, I assume since you brought the question up you must have a short bed truck. Many of the newer RVs are now designed with the pin of the hitch placed forward enough and the nose cap designed tapered tighter that the slider hitch is not mandatory.
However I cannot answer the question definitively as to what you will need in the way of the hitch. I can tell you to shop around hard when looking for any hitch as price can vary widely. Also don't be afraid to shop venues such as Craigslist. Many people sell their trailers and then have a couple of hundred pound hitch sitting in their way and price them accordingly down to bargain price points. Of course some price them on the stupid high side also, your job is to find the better price. We are also entering into the off season which is a good time to hunt hitches either new retail or used private individual.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #9

I have a 2006 2500hd 6.6 and I am under all the truck ratings with my 344QB and I have weight tickets to prove it and it was weighed ready to camp less fresh tank filled

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #10

I have the Quad Cab 6 ft bed and with the old 2005 Rockwood I "barely touched" the rear window. Got lucky!
But with the new Wildcat it has curved indentations in the front cap which greatly increases my turning ability. That's nice!
I'm also much more careful now!

2014 Wildcat 344QB
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins
Ryde-Ryte Air Bags just to level
Bunch of Friends and Grand-Kids.
mike3510 is offline   Reply With Quote