Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #1

Adjusted my main slide today

After several years dealing with one side of the main slide dragging on the carpet and lino, I finally was able to adjust the slide.

I tried adjusting it a couple years ago but I now realize that I was adjusting it in the wrong direction.

I located some more instructions off the internet and they worked. The slide was raised off the floor a little less than 1/4 of an inch.

Additionally I had a dealer attempt to adjust it a while back and they obviously didn't know how to do it, and actually made it drag worse.

Very Happy Camper now,

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:21 PM   #2

Good show! They aren't too bad till you get to the cable type, and even those aren't awful, just frustrating!

Need to tweak my kitchen slide a touch this season as it's scrubbing the carpet too hard on one end.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:02 PM   #3

Just wanted to add some information that might help others:
Found the info here: Adjusting the slide-out in your RV | Mobility RV Service

Also Google " adjusting a slide out in your RV by mobilityrv " and there is a lot of information that might be helpful....

Here's my method I used: I first made marks on the outside of the slide and marks on the adjusting bracket so I could see just how much adjustment I get. I opened the slide about 1/2 way out, and then loosened both nuts on both ends of the slide. Then I loosened the jam nut, and bolt and backed the bolt down so there was about 1/4 inch of gap between the end of the bolt and the adjustment plate on the bracket. I then went inside the trailer took a crowbar and using 1/2 inch pieces of wood I lifted the slide and slid one piece of wood beneath the slide. I then raised it again using another piece of wood setting it between the first piece and the floor of the slide.. Important to use some flat wood to protect the lino from any damage while prying up the slide with the crowbar.
Then I went back under the slide confirmed that an adjustment was made by looking at the original marks that I put of the bracket. I tightened up both bolts on each end of the slide and locked the jam nut in place and was done. I tested the slide several times and it worked perfectly. I then taped several pieces of newspaper to the floor on top of the lino where the slide was contact with floor and worked the slide in and out and the paper wasn't touched. So with that final test, the slide adjustment was perfect....

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide