Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2015, 04:40 PM   #961
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 18,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAS View Post
Rick,
I have a 2015 Wildcat 327CK with two AC units. Neither unit has AC filters in the return vents. This is a ducted system with two return vents in the bedroom and livingroom. The vents are screwed into the ceiling and there are no filters in them or anywhere else in the RV. I had the dealer look also. They are just as confused as some of the reps say it doesn't need filters and some say it does but didn't come with it. The vents are not made for constant filter replacement. I called Dometic and they emphatically state there should be filters there. I called the Forest River Customer Service and they reps do not know. All ACs that I know of need a filter. I also looked at another Wildcat different model and length and it also does not have filters in the ducts. Any ideas would be very helpful, thank you.


My '15 Wildcat has rudimentary filters in its 4 A/C return air vents.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432676373.670033.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	383.8 KB
ID:	78125
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432676416.977334.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	406.5 KB
ID:	78126


Sent (I think)
__________________
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115; Booked for 2022 = 41
Mr. Dan is online now  
Old 05-29-2015, 10:02 AM   #962
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6
Chris, is it possible to take the decals off the large windows on my Wildcat Maxx?
I am not sure the reason for putting across the center of the window but they ruin the view. I realize they are there to continue the decals on the rest of the Rv but I would rather have a clear view.
Charley Webb is offline  
Old 05-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #963
Campfire Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 437
Chris isn't with us anymore. He's moved on to a different manufacturer.

I would try some heat and a razor blade. But, be careful with the heat. If you heat up just a portion on the pane, it will expand at a different rate that the unheated part. Then you will be looking for a new window. Something like WD40 should remove the leftover adhesive.

John
AVid is offline  
Old 06-01-2015, 09:52 AM   #964
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wilsonville
Posts: 5
I used a razor blade then followed up with an adhesive remover (Goo Gone). Some came off really easy by just lifting a corner and pulling. Others required the razor blade. Why they applied them over the window is a mystery.
lddoty is offline  
Old 07-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #965
"All in Good Time"
 
vnichols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Indian Trail NC
Posts: 57
New wildcat 327ck. When I stored it and turned the battery disconnect "off", I noticed there is still power to the front & rear stabilized jacks & front cap lights. Is this normal? Is there a 2nd battery hidden somewhere ???

Vince in NC
__________________

Vince & Ulli

2016 Wildcat 327CK
2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 CTD 4x4
vnichols is offline  
Old 07-28-2015, 04:19 PM   #966
2007 WildCat 32QBBS
 
18CrewDually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnichols View Post
New wildcat 327ck. When I stored it and turned the battery disconnect "off", I noticed there is still power to the front & rear stabilized jacks & front cap lights. Is this normal? Is there a 2nd battery hidden somewhere ???

Vince in NC
It's all in what they hooked through the switch. It sounds like they wired the landing gear direct to the battery.
When I put a disconnect switch in I wire it so it breaks the ground (- negative post) of the battery because it's usually one or two wires to do instead of 5 or more.
__________________
*Current: 2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.0 diesel 4x4*
*Retired: 1987 F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.9 turbo diesel
2007 Forest River WildCat 32QBBS
18CrewDually is offline  
Old 07-31-2015, 12:46 PM   #967
Newbie.
 
monte0999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 109
Crack at bottom left where master slide meets camper.

Repaired it last year but recurred. Dealer mentioned that it has happened to a few of the Wildcats and gave me the name and email of the person to contact at your factory.

Apparently they have sent 2-3 of them back to the factory to be re enforced..... That master bedroom slide on the 2013 344qb is massive.

I have sent two sets of emails complete with photos back in May and June.

No reply as of yet but I am sure you guys are swamped. Camper still functions so no problem. Just would like a solution before I put it away in a warehouse for the winter.
__________________
2013 344 QBOK
2011 F250 4x4 Supercrew Diesel
monte0999 is offline  
Old 08-23-2015, 03:56 PM   #968
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
2016 Wildcat 275ckx

Hi Chris,

Ordered a brand new 2016 Wildcat 275 ckx. Our very first trip it rained that night and the next morning we noticed water on the bedroom floor beneath the bedroom slide. The amount of water coming kept coming in long after the rain had stopped, in fact seem to increase, which leads me to believe it had accumulated somewhere and kept seeping in.

The tech thinks he has found the leak, something about they forgot to put silicone on the lower seal on the forward side. Didn't know there was silicone there. Hope this is not just a "patch" job, and in fact needs new seals. Anyway, assuming that this is fixed, do I need to be concerned about future ramifications--(rot, delamination, mold, etc.)

I can't begin to tell you how disappointing it is to factory order a brand new unit, wait 6 weeks for delivery, and then have water issues on very first night out due to defective slide. Don they not water test these slides?

Dan
Dan Perkins is offline  
Old 08-26-2015, 03:50 PM   #969
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 18,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Perkins View Post
Hi Chris,

Ordered a brand new 2016 Wildcat 275 ckx. Our very first trip it rained that night and the next morning we noticed water on the bedroom floor beneath the bedroom slide. The amount of water coming kept coming in long after the rain had stopped, in fact seem to increase, which leads me to believe it had accumulated somewhere and kept seeping in.

The tech thinks he has found the leak, something about they forgot to put silicone on the lower seal on the forward side. Didn't know there was silicone there. Hope this is not just a "patch" job, and in fact needs new seals. Anyway, assuming that this is fixed, do I need to be concerned about future ramifications--(rot, delamination, mold, etc.)

I can't begin to tell you how disappointing it is to factory order a brand new unit, wait 6 weeks for delivery, and then have water issues on very first night out due to defective slide. Don they not water test these slides?

Dan
From a post above: "Chris isn't with us anymore. He's moved on to a different manufacturer. "
__________________
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115; Booked for 2022 = 41
Mr. Dan is online now  
Old 09-21-2015, 04:05 PM   #970
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3
2003 27 rl

I have acquired a 03 27RL, I am interested to see if there is a blue print for the walls of this model. I need to do some water damage repair and would like to see if I can visualize what needs to be done before teardown.
rescfrmn is offline  
Old 11-01-2015, 03:47 PM   #971
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1
Question 2014 Wildcat 344QB holding tanks

I just bought a 2014 wildcat 344QB and I believe there are 4 holding tanks. I have the following questions.


1. how many gallons are in each tank? I'm assuming kitchen galley 50 Gal, Main bathroom grey 50 Gal, Main bathroom black 50 Gal, Bunkhouse toilet/2nd toilet black 50 Gal.


2. Does the bunkhouse/2nd bathroom sink drain into the same black tank as the toilet?


3. when I turn use the blackwater flush it seems to only flush the 2nd toilet black tank. is this right?


4. Is there a schematic or picture of the tanks and plumbing for the 2014 wildcat 344QB


Thanks,
Scott
sabauman64 is offline  
Old 11-01-2015, 06:06 PM   #972
2007 WildCat 32QBBS
 
18CrewDually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabauman64 View Post
I just bought a 2014 wildcat 344QB and I believe there are 4 holding tanks. I have the following questions.


1. how many gallons are in each tank? I'm assuming kitchen galley 50 Gal, Main bathroom grey 50 Gal, Main bathroom black 50 Gal, Bunkhouse toilet/2nd toilet black 50 Gal.


2. Does the bunkhouse/2nd bathroom sink drain into the same black tank as the toilet?


3. when I turn use the blackwater flush it seems to only flush the 2nd toilet black tank. is this right?


4. Is there a schematic or picture of the tanks and plumbing for the 2014 wildcat 344QB


Thanks,
Scott
I don't have that particular model but here's a link to a brochure from Forest River. It's a downloadable .PDF file. It should answer a couple of questions.
http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochu...atbrochure.pdf
__________________
*Current: 2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.0 diesel 4x4*
*Retired: 1987 F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.9 turbo diesel
2007 Forest River WildCat 32QBBS
18CrewDually is offline  
Old 11-01-2015, 08:55 PM   #973
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Dear Forum Members,

My name is Chris and I'm a Wildcat factory representative. As a few other Forest River reps have offered, I'd like to assist with your questions about the Wildcat product line up (including the Sterling Edition and the eXtraLite series). Obviously, the best resource is your local Wildcat dealer -- and we're very proud of the dealers we have on the ground today. But if you're stuck, please let me know your questions. If I can assist, I'll do my best to get you an answer in a timely manner or direct you towards someone who can. Wildcat's got some great people in production, service, and parts that I can count on to help me help you.

Hope we can keep this both friendly and productive!
Hi Cris, glad to have a factory ear with a voice. I own a 2012 Sterling Edition that I bought new at the end of the model year. Like any new new rig ours has a few hick-ups that out dealer took care of.

My current issue came about 9-10 months ago. I discovered the dreaded front cap oxidation.

I can't tell you how many calls to the Dallas OR factory I made with out a single reply. My dealer also got not assistance from the factory.

This has between a hot topic on several blog sites and I learn that if the issues were to arise within the first year it was resolved with a paint job.

I however, since it didn't appear until 30 some months am out of luck getting help to correct a worsening condition.

Please tell me that I have an avenue to proceed that is supported by the factory.

Thank you for accepting this challenge to resolve this problem.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tstillman1 is offline  
Old 11-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #974
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 5,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstillman1 View Post
Hi Cris, glad to have a factory ear with a voice. I own a 2012 Sterling Edition that I bought new at the end of the model year. Like any new new rig ours has a few hick-ups that out dealer took care of.

My current issue came about 9-10 months ago. I discovered the dreaded front cap oxidation.

I can't tell you how many calls to the Dallas OR factory I made with out a single reply. My dealer also got not assistance from the factory.

This has between a hot topic on several blog sites and I learn that if the issues were to arise within the first year it was resolved with a paint job.

I however, since it didn't appear until 30 some months am out of luck getting help to correct a worsening condition.

Please tell me that I have an avenue to proceed that is supported by the factory.

Thank you for accepting this challenge to resolve this problem.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
The post you quoted was started by Chris in 2011. Wildcat Chris has long ago left Wildcat and Forest River to work for a different RV manufacturer.
__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline  
Old 11-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #975
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 5,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstillman1 View Post

My current issue came about 9-10 months ago. I discovered the dreaded front cap oxidation.

I can't tell you how many calls to the Dallas OR factory I made with out a single reply. My dealer also got not assistance from the factory.

Thank you for accepting this challenge to resolve this problem.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I'm curious why you are calling the Dallas, OR factory. I believe all Wildcat Sterlings were made at the Indiana plant.

My suggestion to you would be to attend the FROG rally in Goshen next August for your best chance to get help.
__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline  
Old 11-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #976
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 28,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
The post you quoted was started by Chris in 2011. Wildcat Chris has long ago left Wildcat and Forest River to work for a different RV manufacturer.
Oakman, that is correct, and although it has been pointed out several times in this thread that Chris has left the company, it's such a long thread that many may inadvertently miss that aspect. As such, and to save future confusion for those who may not know Chris is no longer with the Wildcat's, we will close this thread, so they don't think Chris is still monitoring this one, or wonder why he isn't responding.

Thanks for alerting us to this.

If we have another Wildcat representative here, please let us know, as Chris went above and beyond in his help.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Golf ball-sized hail wouldn't be as destructive if golf balls were just made smaller.
wmtire is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.