Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 08:56 AM   #801

Chris we are currently camping in Galveston on our shakedown cruise. We have a leak under the bedroom slide inside the bathroom next to shower pan. Looks like its coming under the part where the rollers are. Also the trim piece around the front cap started dripping yesterday. Maybe a/c getting under trim on roof and running down and out trim piece. Any suggestions I can do myself would be appreciated.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:54 AM   #802
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydvero View Post
Chris we are currently camping in Galveston on our shakedown cruise. We have a leak under the bedroom slide inside the bathroom next to shower pan. Looks like its coming under the part where the rollers are. Also the trim piece around the front cap started dripping yesterday. Maybe a/c getting under trim on roof and running down and out trim piece. Any suggestions I can do myself would be appreciated.
I'm not Chris... but please tell us which trailer (model, etc.) you have.

I have a 295RSX which has the same bedroom leak. Corrections have been attempted 3x in one trip to the dealership (still not successful). I have temporarily solved my problem with a suggestion from this forum. Another member noticed that the AC condensation was dripping on the top of his bedroom slide and standing long enough to work its way down into the bathroom floor. We consider it a design flaw that the drip rail drip extension points straight onto the top of that slide. He bought a pool noddle and attached it to his drip spout and diverted the condensation off the side of the slide.

I used a section of black foam rubber like HVAC people put on copper AC lines between house compressors and the house. I cable tied this foam tube to my drip spout and have solved my problem temporarily. My unit goes back to the dealer on Wednesday.

HTH

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Old 07-27-2014, 05:48 AM   #803

We had a similar leak in our 295RSX initiated by the AC condensation run off. Dealer found and fixed a 10" gap in the seal on the bottom of the slide. So far, no repeat , even after several hours of heavy rain while parked in the campsite (Galveston, as well). The tubing is a good idea.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #804

Will check out. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #805

Mine has no seal on the bottom. It's just the rollers and I can put my hand into the back of trim piece which is inside.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:47 PM   #806
TexasToast (HOT Summers)

hello chris,
do you have a tech contact for the rockwood series ultralite?
Old 07-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #807

Poor finish work!!!!

Chris,
I bought my F312bhs almost a year ago. I noticed my clock was not working so I took it in and thought they could swap it with one on the lot. She said they could not do that because they didn't own the ones on the lot that the bank did. This was in April. She offered to send it back to the factory for a replacement. This is now end of July and she calls me and says the the part is in and I could pick it up or they could mail it to me at my expense since I an working 2 states away. It took all this time to make this happen as far as a replacement? And now they want me to pay to have it shipped to me when it wasn't my fault? I have lost a lot of respect for Camping World. On another issue I had a problem with a leak they charged me $226.00 because they couldn't find the leak that I took it in for. Funny, I found it and fixed it and am still out $226.00. This should have been covered under the warranty. I had another issue with the wardrobe slide in the master bedroom. I took pictures showing how unfinished the corners are on one side while the other side is finished. She said that is the way it is.....not in my book when one side is finished and the other is left rough. So I went thru and took pictures of how shoddy the finish work is in this unit. Along the edge of the outside kitchen you get splinters from a piece of thin wood that is poorly installed and not taped or the edge rubbed off to get it cleaned up so you don't hurt yourself.
Well enough about how unhappy we are with our fifth wheel Wildcat.
Does Forest River cover getting the part back to me?

Thanks,
Kenn
Old 07-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydvero View Post
Mine has no seal on the bottom. It's just the rollers and I can put my hand into the back of trim piece which is inside.
I also have no exterior seal on the bottom of the bedroom slide....and dealer mentioned that none of his other Wildcats on the lot did either. I wonder if there is a seal on the bottom of the main slide....?

Is there not a seal on the bottom of the slide by design? If there is a water leak from above...is it better to have no seal on the bottom so the water can escape....or would the water be trapped if the bottom was sealed like the sides and top should be sealed?

2015 Forest River Wildcat 312BHX
2015 Ford F-350 4x4 SRW SWB PSD
Old 07-29-2014, 06:21 AM   #809

I need a cable wiring diagram for my 2013 Wildcat. When I hook my tailgater up to my cable in, I get a snowy picture on all my tvs. Winegard, said that their tv booster will not allow a satellite signal thru. I do turn the booster off, but still get a snowy picture. I plan on modifing it, if I can get a diagram. My dealer is absolutely clueless to this issue. They told me that my receiver was bad. I bought another receiver and that did nothing.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:36 AM   #810

Have you tried running the coax straight from the tailgater to the reciever and then another coax direct to the tv?
Good luck getting any wire diagram from any dealer on anything in the trailer that is what I am running into on my front jacks, awning working
Old 07-29-2014, 08:43 AM   #811

Satellite works fine if I avoid Wildcat's wiring.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncody4 View Post
I need a cable wiring diagram for my 2013 Wildcat. When I hook my tailgater up to my cable in, I get a snowy picture on all my tvs. Winegard, said that their tv booster will not allow a satellite signal thru. I do turn the booster off, but still get a snowy picture. I plan on modifing it, if I can get a diagram. My dealer is absolutely clueless to this issue. They told me that my receiver was bad. I bought another receiver and that did nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetexasoldman View Post
Have you tried running the coax straight from the tailgater to the reciever and then another coax direct to the tv?
Good luck getting any wire diagram from any dealer on anything in the trailer that is what I am running into on my front jacks, awning working
X2 on the COAX going direct to troubleshoot the wiring.

Unfortunately, X2 on the wiring diagrams - AFAIK, there are no wiring diagrams, schematics, block diagrams, or whatever for any of the FR RVs (and this freaks my engineer's mind out!!)

We will be at the FROG Rally this weekend and when we take our factory tour, this will be the #1 question I ask our tour guide!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
Old 07-29-2014, 09:07 AM   #813

Quote:
Without a doubt, warranty issue. No way I would try to unravel that furball without a schematic!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
Old 07-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #814

A little bird told me that they have "wall drawings"....I've asked for a copy to satisfy my engineering brain.

When you take your factory tour....please take pictures of the wall drawings and post them up for the masses.

2015 Forest River Wildcat 312BHX
2015 Ford F-350 4x4 SRW SWB PSD
Old 07-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #815

Quote:
Something similar to this was mentioned here before... May have even been this thread... They found a coax splitter wired backwards (input cable connected to an output jack). Not sure where the splitters are located but that could be the problem...
Old 08-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #816

We have a 2011 Forest River Wildcat Travel trailer model WCT27RLS. It has never given us any trouble. We last used it 2 weeks ago. Today we are packing up to go on a trip tomorrow am and the slide will not go out. It goes click click click when we press the out button. It is plugged in and the fuse looks good. Any suggestions? Is there a manual way to get the slide out (it talks about one in the manual but we can't find where to do it) if we can't get this problem fixed today? Help! Thanks.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #817
PPST OGCDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
We have a 2011 Forest River Wildcat Travel trailer model WCT27RLS. It has never given us any trouble. We last used it 2 weeks ago. Today we are packing up to go on a trip tomorrow am and the slide will not go out. It goes click click click when we press the out button. It is plugged in and the fuse looks good. Any suggestions? Is there a manual way to get the slide out (it talks about one in the manual but we can't find where to do it) if we can't get this problem fixed today? Help! Thanks.
Is the battery charged up?
Does this unit have a HDY Pump?
Is the pump running?
If It has a Hdy pump is there a switch located near the Hdy pump.
Does the Hdy pump have a sticker on the end of the pump. If so you can run the pump with a Elec. Drill with a hex drive bit inserted in the end of the elec motor
Old 08-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #818

slider problem

The battery is charged, it is plugged in and the fuse is fine.
When you hit the slide out button it goes click click click click
Our manual is generic Forest River - we have no idea where to find the hydraulic pump if there is one. Can you tell me that?
We would be happy to operate it manually but we need to know where it is and how to access it. Thanks
Sue
Old 08-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #819

Taylor, sounds like a battery problem. If the unit is plugged into shore power, then it is something else. try rocking the slide switch to the in position that back to the out position. You may have already done that.
The pump that drives that system is probably in it's own little box, or under something. You will have to look or listen to where the pump sound is coming from (the clicks will be all you have to go on). You will see the manual hex hole either plain as day facing you, or under a sticky label. There is a hand crank that comes with the rig, or if you have a hex insert for your power driver (a good one, not a cheapy) you can use that. That will put the slide in and out until you can figure our exactly what is wrong. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #820
PPST OGCDG

Lippert 014-141111 Hydraulic Power Unit With 2QT Pump Reservoir Kit Model 643150

This what the pump that I have looks like. I have had a 2004 27 RL I now have a 2005 29 rlbs. both pumps were located in the right front of the front storage compartment. The problem might be a solenoid gone bad.
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat