Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #21
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmaggott View Post
Girard needs to program this thing with an option for an ultra low burner setting for those of us in the hotter parts of the country.
That's a great idea. And one shared by your friends at Wildcat. More to come on this...
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #22

What would be even better is to have the ability to set the outlet water temp so we don't have to fool with the switch depending on conditions (pressure, volume, temp, etc of incoming water). Then it can regulate the burner itself to keep that water temp. The residential tankless setups that I have searched out all have a temp setting so it is too bad Girard didn't do this from the beginning. I think it would have taken care of a lot of problems/issues a lot of us are having.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #23
Travelin Man

switch

the auto/low switch is for the tankless water heater. we leave ours on auto, unless we are taking a shower, then we put it on low. the tankless heater is very efficient once you get it regulated and it just comes out too hot on auto for showers. we do not use the cold faucet at all, just regulate it with the hot water faucet. I recommend a test of the system while the trailer is sitting near your house so you can get an idea of how it is working as there is a learning curve.
If you can take showers in the trailer and dump the water on your lawn or property i say go for it. get used to the system before you have to use it our camping somewhere.
If you plan on dry camping be prepared to catch the water in a pitcher to repour back in the tank when you are getting the hot water up to the shower head or to your sink faucet heads as it takes almost one gallon of water before it regulates.
this will save you filling up your tank and wasting water out of the tank.
My wife and I just spend 4 months in AZ dry camping most of the time and really enjoyed the trailer, we have the sterling 32rl, 2012 model.
the self leveling system is great!!!!
Douglasdh62 is offline   Reply With Quote