Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2021, 12:38 PM   #1

Bedroom Cable Slide

I had my bedroom slide having issues coming in smoothly, I opened the slide and found it smooth but closing was like skipping a beat and then finally didnt come in anymore, with no warning the slide was stuck open. I was glad I was at home and not camping anywhere. I figured the gearbox was broken. It took a bit to find the proper one online, camping world and lazydays was at no help and actually i found them both to be rude and of no help. I called Forest River and talked to a really nice parts guy that has been with them for years and told me it was a bal norco gearbox. I looked up the part number on the unit and ordered it online 2nd day air and installed it works perfect.

I am not sure if anyone ever seen inside of them but to what my thoughts are was the housing that held the gears in place with a ball bearing got stripped from stress and the frame that housed the bearing became stressed and elongated which provided movement in the gear and stripping the teeth till it would freespin.

I read where people said they would not buy one unless it had a grease fitting on it and to be honest this had tons of grease for a sealed unit. no need for the fitting in my opinion.

Attached is some pictures I took when I took it apart. I just found it interesting..

Mike

Juniorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Be careful that you do not lose an end of one of the cables. If it comes lose from the slide and sinks down into the wall, major repair job.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, cable, roo, slide