Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2018, 10:12 AM   #21

the electric heater element is powered by 110 vac. if you want to disable the electric heater element simply turn off the circuit breaker labelled 'WH'.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
the electric heater element is powered by 110 vac. if you want to disable the electric heater element simply turn off the circuit breaker labelled 'WH'.
OP is asking about "Tank Heaters" black, gray fresh.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayther View Post
THAT'S IT! Finally got down on my hands and knees and found the switch, thanks all. Now if i can just figure out how they're feeding the tank heater power I'll be happy. I want to pull the fuse for them as I will probably never need them and don't want them accidentally turned on while boondocking.
check your 12-volt fuses. They may be on a circuit with something else. If you don't see a fuse labeled "Tank Heater", pull the switch out of the wall, put a voltmeter/light across the switch if it not lighted. You'll have to find a ground. Then go pull fuses. If something else stops working you'll know why.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayther View Post
there are no switches at the control panel or in the bathroom and I know it doesn't have one like my 1999 Wanderer had, that was a rocker switch right on the heater itself on the outside. I'll have to poke around more.

If I didn't have hot water I would have turned on the gas via the on/off toggle on the control panel, that controls gas only I'm pretty sure.
Not intending to kick a person while down... but the highlighted sentence gives evidence that's it's not helpful to be so definitive and incorrect simultaneously. It reduces the probability that other members can help.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Not intending to kick a person while down... but the highlighted sentence gives evidence that's it's not helpful to be so definitive and incorrect simultaneously. It reduces the probability that other members can help.

too true
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker