Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2019, 06:01 PM   #1
Flyboy1950

Can't operate slide out with remote

On my 2014 Wildcat Maxx 27RLS I have not been able to operate my slide out using my hand held remote. I can operate everything else with that remote except the slide. I can operate the slide using the manual interior switch just fine. This problem is recent as I have always been able to operate the slide using the remote. I have looked high & low trying to find where the receiver for the remote control system is, but have been unsuccessful as of yet. I looked behind the interior control panel and inside the cabinet where the main electrical panel and the converter is located, but nothing! I figured that there may be a fuse in the circuitry at or near the receiver / control for the remote that may be blown. But I have to find that receiver first. By the way, I also checked all the 12 volt fuses in the main panel and none are blown.
Might anyone know where that receiver is located? Any help would be much appreciated!
Sbosserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:40 PM   #2

i do not know where it is on your unit. many people have reported them in the craziest places. we have a lippert level up system on our trailer that shares a common pump between the legs and the slides. the receiver is mounted upside down on the roof of the battery compartment over the pump mechanism. you've got to get on your hands and knees to find it. other than that i can't give you any more advice. but if you share a common pump look real good around it.

on a social side we have been through lodi several times in the last couple of months. my wife's son lives in valley springs and had an illness. we went over a couple of times to care for him. we took the trailer and stayed at commanche lake (very impressive place)! we also got to fly into and out of the stockton airport a couple of times. not an impressive place! but the orchards and vineyards were beautiful all around the area.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:45 PM   #3

I have 2018 WCF262RGX-OR. On this unit the receiver for the remote is in the basement. Looking in the right side door the receiver is on the left behind the panel. Four screw to remove panel.
joespring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:40 AM   #4
Flyboy1950

Approximately how big is the receiver box? Does it have any fuses located on or near it?
Thanks for the info!
Old 06-24-2019, 09:43 AM   #5

ours is maybe 10 or 12 inches by 8 or 10 inches. yes it has a fuse on it for the slides. ours also has fuses for the awning and the porch light.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:04 PM   #6
Site Team

A couple of people have posted in the Where is Your Remote Receiver/Hub thread that their Wildcat Maxx's receiver was "in pass through behind vanity panel on passenger side." maybe that's where yours is.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #7

On my Wildwood 27RLSS the fuse panel for the remote is under the kitchen sink.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RemoteControls.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	208124  
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 02:21 PM   #8
Flyboy1950

Thanks for everyone's replies. I have looked in the storage compartment, there is no access available to open on either side. I've looked under the kitchen sink in all areas and nothing, inside the water heater compartment there is nothing. I called Forest River and they said to look under the stereo unit. So I pulled it out and there is nothing under or at either side of that unit. I also looked in the sealed area under the oven range, nothing. Then they said to look under the sofa kick panel. Well, my sofa is pull out drawer that has the inflatable bed and there is nothing behind that. So, Forest River is going to call me back after the tech contacts the production manager in Oregon to find out where they installed the remote control panel in my specific serial number trailer. Waiting for their call back now....
Old 06-24-2019, 03:04 PM   #9
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

2016 295rsx with LCI Ground Control 3

If I open the front storage bin (the one that has the battery and front lift legs) and look up above my head in the compartment, that's where I see the controller panel and the wire antenna. You may just need to make sure the remote is fully charged and then go thru the repairing sequence. This YouTube has the instructions How to Program and Pair LCI remote
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:33 PM   #10
Flyboy1950

I appreciate the info, but the control that I am referring to is NOT the LCI leveling system which was the you tube link that you sent me. My control is the remote that controls the slide out, the awning, the front & rear electric stabilizers and the porch light.

I did just look inside my storage compartment and there is no control unit on the ceiling or walls inside that area nor is there any access opening in my storage area. The control unit is NOT behind the carpeted cover in the storage area.

I am still waiting for Forest River to call me back with that location as it is not in any of the areas where the techs said it usually is. UGH!
Old 06-24-2019, 03:43 PM   #11
Site Team

Looks like there's a panel under the cabinets beside the fridge. I'd look under there.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:52 PM   #12
Flyboy1950

Thanks for your info, Bama Rambler, there are compartments under each side of the refrigerator, but the left side of the fridge is where the water heater is located (no control panel there). The compartment under the right side of the fridge is empty, no control panel there either. Still stymied & waiting for Forest River to call me back....
Old 06-24-2019, 05:04 PM   #13

Did you remove the panel in the basement? There are screws in the black wood strip that go into the basement floor, remove those to remove the panel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1821.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	208140  
joespring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:00 PM   #14

Forest River is pretty good at hiding stuff and no idea where they put it. On the 2015 262RGX I had, there was breaker boxes , and other stuff, hidden behind an access panel in the from storage area, passenger side. Maybe there??
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:09 PM   #15

In my FR Heritage Glen, the panel is in the bathroom linen closet at the very bottom. I had to remove a panel that was held in with 3 screws to get at it.
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:23 PM   #16
Flyboy1950

I have checked the storage compartment inside out and there is nothing, no access panel, nothing at all. Now, the bathroom linen closet at the bottom is new, I'll go out & check that & let you know. Thanks again for all the replies!!
Old 06-24-2019, 07:04 PM   #17

Remote reciever

The receiver in my 2014 Wildwood 27rlss is located behind the electrical panel under the entertainment center. Had to buy a new remote and finally found it there after trying every place else suggested. I now have the opposite problem, my slide only operates with the remote.
papabillx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:41 PM   #18
Flyboy1950

Thanks, but I already checked the entertainment center & there is no control unit there. I also just checked the bathroom linen cabinet and there is not control unit or access panel inside there either. Keep the suggestions coming guys, it has to be in the trailer somewhere. Still haven't heard from Forest river yet on where it is located....
Old 06-24-2019, 10:45 PM   #19

I have a different model of Wildcat Maxx but mine is behind the fuse panel. I have to pull it all the way out and it's back there.
kollinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:51 PM   #20

remote receiver

on my 262rgx the receiver is behind the large panel inside the right side of the pass through. Their is NO access panel you need to remove the 4 screws which hold the approx. 4 ft by 3ft piece of plywood . Thy operting the remote while listening for the clicking of the relays. thise relays are part of the receiver
wally007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote, slide, slide out