Old 11-14-2019, 02:09 PM   #1

Decreasing water pressure

Last Month I cleaned out the water heater on my 2017 Wildcat Maxx 32TSX and installed a new rod. Now the water pressure is good when first opening a faucet but then starts to decrease within seconds. I suspect some tank debris made it's way into the lines. How do I clean/blow out the lines? Hook up a compressor line to an inside faucet somehow or through the city water inlet?

lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:13 PM   #2

many faucets have a screw off aerator where the water comes out. these have a screen in them. unscrew the aerator, look at the screen, and clean if necessary. then screw back onto the faucet. the crud goes through the pipes and gets caught in these screens.

Old 11-16-2019, 03:30 PM   #3

I'd already checked those, just replaced the screen on the city water inlet but to no avail. same thing, pressure starts out great and then fizzles to a slow stream. my guess is some of the water heater crud got in the lines and is causing the problem. just have to figure out how i can blow the lines out from inside the trailer.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #4

PUT YOUR WATER HEATER IN BY-PASS MODE, then remove the anode and flush the tank again. Since you start out with pressure and quickly lose it, it is possible that the "crud" is still in the heater and sucking up against the hot (discharge) line due to the outflow of water.

This might or might not solve the problem, but I think I would try it this way before I attempted to back-flush the lines from a faucet inside the trailer.
Can't hurt to try! Good luck.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:52 PM   #5

Thanks Capt Mike. would the hot water heater also effect the cold water pressure? I have the pressure problem with hot and cold water equally.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #6

this is just a long shot but i'm wondering about pressure vs flow. do you have a flow restricter or perhaps a water filter that is pretty clogged up? with no flow occurring the pressure would go throughout the system and when you open a valve you would be seeing this static pressure. but if then the filter was restricting the flow it would look like you have reduced pressure. since it is common to both hot and cold it is probably not the heater. does you water source (the faucet you hook up to) have constant flow or does it show a reduced flow also?

Tags
pressure, water