Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
Now a "Top Member"

Draining Water

Hullo all. So, I went to drain my fresh water tank tonight, and looked first in my owners manual. It showed a petcock to turn to empty the tank, but I could not find hide nor hair of a petcock anywhere. I did see a white hose and a blue hose at the rear of the trailer on the slide side. The blue hose had a twist off cap. I twisted it off and got a dribble of water. White hose was uncapped. Much to my surprise, I also found another valve handle. Thinking this may drain the fresh water tank, I pulled it. I heard the gurgle at the front of the trailer and immediately closed the valve. Hmmm. So, I've heard of the 3 waste tanks on a lot of newer campers before, but no one showed me or mentioned to me that mine had that. Only 2 valves in the waste cabinet (black and gray). Well, I pulled the cap off the sewer drain (I know it was clean from the last trip out), and sure enough...out came dishwater. I went in the trailer and looked at my guages again, and sure enough, there's a "galley" button that showed 3/4 full. So I got to my sewer drain and finished draining the water. Smelled nice and clean, like soapy dishwater. Now I know! No sticker or arrows or anything in the owners manual about that one!

So anyway, back to the freshwater. As I noted above, the guages showed all empty now. My question is (since I ran out of daylight and had other stuff to do), is the blue hose sticking out at the rear of the trailer the drain for the freshwater tank. When I get a chance again, I'll put more water in the tank and see, but figured I'd ask, and relate the other surprise.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
2009 830RBSS

It should be near the rear of the trailer on the underside. It is usually a petcock. Not sure what your blue hose is, maybe the low point drain? Mine are blue and red.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #3

Blue hose should be your low point drain, look where the water heater is to see what color the plumbing is for hot and cold water to be sure. As for the fresh water petcock, usually on the bottom or side of the tank itself, if you can locate the fresh water tank, look somewhere near, if no luck there, find you water pump to see where the fresh water lines come from to the pump and look somewhere along that path between the pump and the tank
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #4

On my V lite Flagstaff, I had to take a plywood false wall cover off inside of the cabinet under the sink, where my fresh tank is located. You'll have to be able to see where the hose exits the tank on the side at the bottom, there you'll find the valve, which is a push/pull type where it exits the tank. There will be a tee, so that when you open the valve, water runs down a tube directly under the valve. A word of advice: it will be pretty slow, so vent the fill cap, and if going home, leave it open, so it will slosh out as much as possible. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #5

Drain

Mine is the blue hose with the cap.
okdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #6

On my 2010 28RKBS the drain for the the fresh tank is forward of the front axle about the middle of the trailer. It has a about two inch valve handle that only turns 90 degrees. When the handle is in line with the drain hose the drain is open when its perpindicular with the drain line its closed. It should be hanging down about 5 inches. If you cant find it I will post a picture of it when I get home from work if needed...

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
Now a "Top Member"

Okay, I have confirmed that it is the blue hose sticking out of the back of the trailer. It just has a little cap on it that twists off. I'll take a picture of it. No valve, no petcock. Just a twist off cap. I did confirm this before I took off for Branson. Anyway, sounds like all models are different...even same model except the "West Coast" version. Very strange.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildcat