Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2020, 07:54 PM   #1

Forest River buying my trailer back....sort of.

After this debacle https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...re-205162.html Forest River has had enough of it also I guess.

Their latest proposal was for me to let them pick it up and transport it back to the factory for repairs, but (get this) have me pick it at my expense. Madder than a wet-hen I was only able to have them reimburse me for fuel one way only (would have been on the return obviously).

However, during the last few days and with the assistance of our credit union, we were able to get out of this mess and into this https://www.dadscamperoutlet.com/New...71697?ref=list

Upon getting the trade values, when the dealer called Forest River, they said to do whatever it takes to make us happy and we got 100% plus the purchase price including $3,500 for our Jayco trade an additional $1,085 to use as a down payment. Essentially, they bought ours to avoid transporting it back. Ideally, it would have been a straight-out buy, but we're happy with this unit. It was a close second to the one we got during our initial purchase.

We plan on taking delivery next week and then will be spending the next several days transferring the mods from the old to the new.
mds47588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:34 PM   #2

Glad to see everything worked out for you.
I just have to say...That's a lot of trailer for a GMC 1500!!

Tags
forest river, trailer