Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2020, 03:52 PM   #1

Furrion observation/backup cameras

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your replies.
I have an 8" Furrion observation/backup camera system that can accommodate up to 4 cameras (left/right/back/door). I opted to not buy the door camera, but on my screen there is a black square labeled 'door' taking up 25% of the screen. Although I tried to figure this out I refuse to accept that a system that cost this much, in today's ultra technological gadget filled world, that it does not have a way to eliminate that unused camera (black square) off the monitor screen. Please tell me I'm missing a simple step to clear that. Waiting for reply from Furrion. Any help now would be appreciated.
SonnyDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDe View Post
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your replies.
I have an 8" Furrion observation/backup camera system that can accommodate up to 4 cameras (left/right/back/door). I opted to not buy the door camera, but on my screen there is a black square labeled 'door' taking up 25% of the screen. Although I tried to figure this out I refuse to accept that a system that cost this much, in today's ultra technological gadget filled world, that it does not have a way to eliminate that unused camera (black square) off the monitor screen. Please tell me I'm missing a simple step to clear that. Waiting for reply from Furrion. Any help now would be appreciated.
It does have way to view only one screen at full screen size. I don't have the camera in front of me, but from memory you use the touch screen that allows you to chose what you want to view. If no one else responds with specifics, I will take a look my Furrion camera tomorrow and respond.
PhilFromMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 05:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilFromMaine View Post
It does have way to view only one screen at full screen size. I don't have the camera in front of me, but from memory you use the touch screen that allows you to chose what you want to view. If no one else responds with specifics, I will take a look my Furrion camera tomorrow and respond.
Yes i found that, but I want to keep watch on my L/R and rear sides as I'm driving (the 'why' i installed it) and this big black empty square won't go away just taking up space on the monitor as an annoyance. How can that be? I only have 3 cameras should be an easy feature to put on the monitor whatever cameras I want to see. This was not a cheap system, I am not happy... and had no way of knowing (or even thinking this was a problem) until I installed the unit.
SonnyDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 05:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDe View Post
Yes i found that, but I want to keep watch on my L/R and rear sides as I'm driving (the 'why' i installed it) and this big black empty square won't go away just taking up space on the monitor as an annoyance. How can that be? I only have 3 cameras should be an easy feature to put on the monitor whatever cameras I want to see. This was not a cheap system, I am not happy... and had no way of knowing (or even thinking this was a problem) until I installed the unit.

Sorry, I misread the original post. I don't know he answer.
PhilFromMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:41 PM   #5

Have you contacted Furrion about their "all or nothing" software "feature"? Chances are very good it was indeed designed the way you have found it - for this particular model and this particular software release. Furrion may or may not fix it in a future software release, and Furrion may or may not update the software in your unit when that happens.

A scalable software display with multiple display options requires a little more code than the choices you currently have - any individual camera or all 4 at once.

To be honest, about the best outcome you can expect is a full refund. Please make sure you note the software limitation in a review or two - that's the most likely way to drive the change.

just my thoughts
Fred W
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:27 PM   #6

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. I would hope that functionality is there, particular when one of their competitors works, Haloview works for me. Rear Camera displayed all the way across the top half of display and side cameras below, left and right. Which if I read correctly is what you are looking for.

Tags
camera, furrion