Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #1

Gelcoat fading

I have 2016 wildcat 28rks. The gelcoat on the dark gray cap is fading to white. Anyone else having this problem
Larbarcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larbarcol View Post
I have 2016 wildcat 28rks. The gelcoat on the dark gray cap is fading to white. Anyone else having this problem
everybody that has one.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:02 PM   #3

Shouldn't happen. Probably have to have the cap painted.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #4

Had exact problem ... Forest River replaced cap but was told that there is no guarantee it won't happen again.
pokechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:44 PM   #5

Dark brown or dark grey, pick your brand they all fade eventually. Guess there's a reason why you don't see them anymore.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:56 AM   #6

Yes, I have a 2016 front cap faded on. Be careful what you wish for. Forest River agreed to replace mine under warranty through Camping World in Redding CA. What a nightmare!!! They replaced the cap with a damaged one so had to paint it. Damaged my front cap while moving another trailer around so had to wait 9 months for another cap. Dropped the trailer off the first week in May for what was promised.... a week for repairs. Was advised trailer was finally ready for pick up June 28.. That cap had come in damaged so after installing they had to paint. Went to pick up on the 28 and ended up refusing trailer because of all of the stress fractures on the new cap. The picture is just a taste of what they wanted us to accept.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2137.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	177816Click image for larger version

Views:	136
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	177816
julieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:43 AM   #7

Well Forest River decided to replace my faded cap, hope I don't have the problems you guys had.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larbarcol View Post
Well Forest River decided to replace my faded cap, hope I don't have the problems you guys had.

If they just replace it you will have the same problem with the fading I’ve been told. That’s why I agreed to painting it towards the end. Plus, when they ship them they usually get pretty banged up in shipping. Wishing you don’t have to go through half the stuff we’re going through.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieg View Post
If they just replace it you will have the same problem with the fading I’ve been told. That’s why I agreed to painting it towards the end. Plus, when they ship them they usually get pretty banged up in shipping. Wishing you don’t have to go through half the stuff we’re going through.
Julieg, I'm from redding too ... had mine replaced at camping world and so far no more fading and no scratches or cracks, it was a nightmare getting FR to do anything, so I am holding my breath that this cap is fine. I hope you are getting taken care of
pokechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokechop View Post
Julieg, I'm from redding too ... had mine replaced at camping world and so far no more fading and no scratches or cracks, it was a nightmare getting FR to do anything, so I am holding my breath that this cap is fine. I hope you are getting taken care of

My husband went to pick it up Friday so we could have it for our camping trip over the 4th and the stress cracks were so bad we refused it. This is just one of the areas. I’m hoping we get some sort of camping in this season as they’ve had the trailer since the beginning of May.Click image for larger version

Views:	116
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	178010

« radio | Water tank »