Old 05-05-2017, 11:57 AM   #1

Go Power Pre-wire

I have a 2015 FR Wildcat Maxx 282 RK 5th wheel that has the Go Power Pre- wire connector installed on the roof. I can see a red and a black wire at the connection that goes into the trailer. Where does these two wires end up? I have no Go Power panel anywhere in the trailer. I thought there was a post that says the wires ended behind the left panel of the storage area in the front of the RV and that the wires wire coiled up with tape. Is this correct?

rheriot5696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #2

We just purchased a 2017 262RGX Fiver and it also has a go power prewire.
I haven稚 taken delivery yet but I believe (and hope) from all the research I have done that the wires from the roof port go from the roof, past the go-power-prewire-sticker on the wall near the bathroom door at top of stairs, down into the front compartment and into the battery junction box. I also believe (and hope) it is 10awg.
Whether this is true or not, I値l be putting 400 watts of solar (in angle mounts) on the roof and connecting it to those roof ports (even if I have to rewire them with 10awg). I値l put my charge controller next to the batteries so the low voltage (large) wires are a short run and I値l feed small wires up to that sticker where I値l place my battery monitor. With the charge controller next to the batteries (4 6v golf cart) I値l need to build a hood of some kind to funnel and exhaust the off-gasses from the batteries. That part I haven稚 worked out. I am most handy with wood but it would look like hell. <shrug> we値l see. If anyone has any ideas about this battery hood, speak up.

The hitch is being installed tomorrow and we take delivery the following day. Wish me luck.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:25 AM   #3

Good day I have a 16" 26FBS Travel T. Wired for gp-pro the roof connection is about 6 ft from the end runs about 3/4 length of the TT to a coil behind the TV then to the battery at the tongue looks to be 12ga.
I installed 400 watt solar the Kit come with 15ft 10ga. with research the 10ga.at 15 ft. is just minimum for 400 watt at max out put (that will occur but a short period of time due to clouds angle ect.) installed the controller in the compartment behind the battery. didn't use any of the go-pro.Talked to a factory guy said the go-pro was designed for a 100 watt system to keep the batteries up. So far thing work well.

Ken
junket is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power