Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #1

Got to take out our 2015 295RSX for the first time

last weekend for a 5 day mini vacation. I already had a list of issues before I left and now I have some more. The floor in the bathroom and pantry are coming unglued so there's bubble like areas,couple of shades dont go all the way down. The bug screen in the dining area slide out was mangled by whom ever installed it that they actual bent the window frame to get the clips to hold. My landing gear refused to extend(good thing there was the hand crank), next day I found the blown 30 amp fuse, seems like this can be a common issue when you over extend or retract. Found a couple of blisters or defects in the front storage door. I'm really starting to regret this purchase, the unit looks good,pulled easily with my 2013 Ram 2500/B&W Campanion slider hitch(never had to use the slider) and we liked the floor plan for 2 people and a large dog. All I know is if I were in charge of quality control,heads would roll.
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
last weekend for a 5 day mini vacation. I already had a list of issues before I left and now I have some more. The floor in the bathroom and pantry are coming unglued so there's bubble like areas,couple of shades dont go all the way down. The bug screen in the dining area slide out was mangled by whom ever installed it that they actual bent the window frame to get the clips to hold. My landing gear refused to extend(good thing there was the hand crank), next day I found the blown 30 amp fuse, seems like this can be a common issue when you over extend or retract. Found a couple of blisters or defects in the front storage door. I'm really starting to regret this purchase, the unit looks good,pulled easily with my 2013 Ram 2500/B&W Campanion slider hitch(never had to use the slider) and we liked the floor plan for 2 people and a large dog. All I know is if I were in charge of quality control,heads would roll.
I have the same trailer... and a longer list of different problems except for the blown front jack fuses. I went to AutoZone and bought an automatically resetting breaker. Most of my issues have been fixed by my dealership's service dept. except for a leak in the bedroom wardrobe slide. Leaks water into the bathroom floor.

Here's hoping you get all this straightened out AND that F.R. Wildcat compiles a list of all the warranty claims and sends quality improvement instructions to the factory.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #3

Too bad about your problems. Seems like most could've been discovered before you even signed the papers. What I've noticed is that you can have two identical trailers sitting side by side on the lot and one will be built like crap. When we purchase our next trailer we will look for the best unit out there. Meaning we won't take the one that has the most visible issues. If it means driving from one dealer to the next, then so be it. There's just too much inconsistency in RV construction.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:00 AM   #4

Some where quick easy appearance fixes which I was not too worried about, Only noticed the floor coming up after doing a detailed interior cleaning when we got home. Just frustrated because 75% of the issues should of not left the factory.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:12 AM   #5

It's sad that as RV buyers we have to go in with the mind set that something will need fixed at delivery. I can't think of anything else you buy that requires the buyer to do repairs right out of the gate. Maybe a new house would be close. There's usually a punch list of some sort.

Like the saying goes, " You need to be rich or handy to own an RV"
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #6

My recommendation would be to schedule a service appointment with your dealer to be done in the winter months when they are looking for work to do that will generate some income. But schedule it now because others already know that this is a great time to do so.

Next thing I would do if you haven't already do so is to purchase the Wildcat/Forest River 1 year extended warranty. I don't recall the price somewhere in the $100-$150 range, could be the best RV money you spend.

Then fix what you can yourself, make a detailed list of the other and go enjoy your RV for what remaining time Mother Nature allows this year.

Don't get the impression that I don't care because our new Wildcat was delivered perfect. We just got it back from an 12 week warranty service in Elkhart, IN so I know that things don't always go as expected. But, it is how you react, that will have a direct bearing as to the actions you will receive when it comes to dealing with others.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Some where quick easy appearance fixes which I was not too worried about, Only noticed the floor coming up after doing a detailed interior cleaning when we got home. Just frustrated because 75% of the issues should of not left the factory.
I think you have a valid point and hope you get your RV taken care of ASAP. I also think the dealership can play a role in QC as well. My service department went through my unit in detail prior to my arrival to take delivery. At another RV dealership I have seen service techs remove parts from RVs sitting on the sales lot to fix something on a unit in service.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #8

So far I have no issues with RVAMERICA in Denver, they have been friendly,understanding and seem willing to work thru this. We agreed that if things need to be ordered from FR that I can still take the unit out. I will do that extended warranty for 150$s thou. My 2 main concern are the short in the awning circuit which I found the shorted wire for them and the floor. The rest warped bathroom door,crooked trim piece,shades,screen issues,front storage door defect are annoying but not end of the world.

Tags
295, first time