Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #1
2019 FR Wildcat 290RL

Smile Holding Tank Issues 2019 Wildcat 290RL

First Post: I have owned 5 TT however my wife and I just purchased our first 5th Wheel. We bought a 2019 Wildcat 290RL from Lazy Days in Tampa. We absolutely love the coach. I recently went through the coach trying to figure everything out and I have some concerns about our holding tanks.
Underneath there is a gray valve on the far right and then two black valves. Inside there are holding tank indicator lights for Gray, Black, & Gal (which I assume is the Galley Island Sink).
I did a test and filled up the Island sink. The Black indicator light showed full. It drained by using the correct gray valve underneath (far right).
Then I filled up the toilet and the Gray indicator light showed full. It also drained using the correct black valve located in the middle underneath.
Next, I ran the shower and it also filled up the same holding tank as the toilet. The gray indicator light showed full and the black valve in the middle underneath drained the tank.
Finally, I filled up the bathroom sink, and the “Gal” indicator light showed full and the black valve on the far-left side emptied the holding tank.
My opinion is that the indicator lights need to be switched around on the display panel and the far-left black handle needs to be gray. Also, I have a serious concern that the commode and the shower both fill up the black tank (Indicator light says gray). I plan on returning it to LD with these concerns noted and was curious if any other Wildcat owners had a similar problem.
Thanks in advance, Bill Davis
WBDAvis422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:59 AM   #2

I think you have diagnosed the problem correctly and would make sure they fix it.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #3
2019 FR Wildcat 290RL

Thanks Sea Dog. I enjoy reading your posts.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #4
Commercial Member

WBDAvis422,

Thank you for being a part of the Wildcat family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Wildcat. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Sara Hankins in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
2019 FR Wildcat 290RL

Smile

ES FR:

Thanks very much for the information. I will send her a message right away.

Bill Davis
Old 06-11-2019, 11:42 PM   #6

Great of you to look after Bill, can you tell me who to talk to about getting a circuit board for my fireplace? The local dealer can't do anything because it's over a year old. I haven't got a response from forest river or the fireplace manufacturer for a few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Trevor B
Trevstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevstar33 View Post
Great of you to look after Bill, can you tell me who to talk to about getting a circuit board for my fireplace? The local dealer can't do anything because it's over a year old. I haven't got a response from forest river or the fireplace manufacturer for a few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Trevor B

the fireplace comes out easily, remove the beauty ring around it, it just snaps on, and four screws and it slides right out, should be able to get the model/serial off it and order a board from any RV dealer on on the web.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #8

We didn't have any of those problems within our Wildcat. I did loose a drain handle last summer just inside the frame, got some new ones and added some loctite to the threads on all three.

Hope you enjoy it!
corocky1998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, tank, wildcat