Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2022, 02:09 PM   #1

Hot water fill

I have a 2021 Wildcat 368MB. I’m having trouble getting the hot water tank to fill. The camper has a Nautilus P2.5 water center. Can someone explain how to fill the hot water? I know the hot water heater has kicked on when I thought it was filled but it wasn’t so now I’m worried what damage has been done. Thank you. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4126.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	272368
JBFah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 02:16 PM   #2
Site Team

I would guess put them in the configuration of the pic in the bottom right where it says "city water".

Then hook up a hose to the city water inlet.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 03:47 PM   #3

Is the water heater still bypassed from winterization?
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 04:00 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Is the water heater still bypassed from winterization?
The pic shows the valves in "dry camp" position.
Old 04-30-2022, 04:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
The pic shows the valves in "dry camp" position.
Which, to my knowledge, has no bearing on whether the water heater is bypassed or not. The winterize position of those valves is for sucking antifreeze in through the connection on the left marked "Sanitize/Winterize". The valves on that panel adjust the flow of water through the water pump and city water connection, not through the water heater.

So, look at the back of the water heater, where the water heater bypass valves will be, and see if the water heater is still bypassed.

Notice page 12 of this manual:
https://www.bandbmolders.com/wp-cont...tilus-p2.5.pdf

"Important !!! Make sure you BY-PASS your water
heater if your unit requires it. Contact your RV
manufacturer for more information."

Therefore, my guess is that the water heater is still bypassed.
Old 04-30-2022, 04:10 PM   #6

That’s what I think that it is bypassed somehow from being winterized. My previous Cherokee bumper pull I could get to the back of the water heater but I’m not sure how to on this one.
Old 04-30-2022, 04:12 PM   #7

I do have it in dry camp as we are currently camping at a Missouri state park and pulling water from the fresh tank.
Old 04-30-2022, 04:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBFah View Post
I do have it in dry camp as we are currently camping at a Missouri state park and pulling water from the fresh tank.
And, more than likely, bypassing the water heater.
Old 04-30-2022, 05:02 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
That’s what I think that it is bypassed somehow from being winterized. My previous Cherokee bumper pull I could get to the back of the water heater but I’m not sure how to on this one.

I looked at this video (3:40 mark) from Forest River on your stated RV model. It appears your water heater is right beside your pass thru storage that has the plumbing docking station underneath your bedroom slideout. Is there any hatch/panel on the right hand side in the pass thru storage to allow access to the back of the water heater?

Also sometimes there is actually a hatch underneath the RV's water heater that you unscrew a cover too, which allows you room to reach up and turn the bypass valves. Have you looked there, under the trailer?

However you may not have valves behind the heater, and it's all done in the plumbing station, as per this thread

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 05:03 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Which, to my knowledge, has no bearing on whether the water heater is bypassed or not. The winterize position of those valves is for sucking antifreeze in through the connection on the left marked "Sanitize/Winterize". The valves on that panel adjust the flow of water through the water pump and city water connection, not through the water heater.

So, look at the back of the water heater, where the water heater bypass valves will be, and see if the water heater is still bypassed.

Notice page 12 of this manual:
https://www.bandbmolders.com/wp-cont...tilus-p2.5.pdf

"Important !!! Make sure you BY-PASS your water
heater if your unit requires it. Contact your RV
manufacturer for more information."

Therefore, my guess is that the water heater is still bypassed.
I've always understood that those valves are the bypass valves. There aren't any valves behind the water heater. I have a similar setup.
Old 04-30-2022, 05:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I've always understood that those valves are the bypass valves. There aren't any valves behind the water heater. I have a similar setup.
Well, here is the installation instructions for the panel. Can you show us where there is any connection to the water heater at all on that panel?

https://www.recpro.com/content/Nauti...tion-Rev-1.pdf
Old 04-30-2022, 05:23 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Well, here is the installation instructions for the panel. Can you show us where there is any connection to the water heater at all on that panel?

https://www.recpro.com/content/Nauti...tion-Rev-1.pdf
It's possible I'm wrong. I just said I have a similar valve system.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:09 PM   #13

There is an access panel on the side of the water station. I’ll take it off tomorrow when I get home and see what I see. I did call the service dept at the dealership today and he did tell me over the phone how to figure out if it had water in it or not. Once we figured out it didn’t he said he usually pulls the anode rod out and try’s different configurations until he sees water going in then puts the anode rod back in. Thanks for the help so far.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:16 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
It appears your water heater is right beside your pass thru storage that has the plumbing docking station underneath your bedroom slideout. Is there any hatch/panel on the right hand side in the pass thru storage to allow access to the back of the water heater?

Quote:
There is an access panel on the side of the water station. I’ll take it off tomorrow when I get home and see what I see.
I have a good feeling that is where you will find gold. LOL

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 05:45 PM   #15

We have hot water lol! So I removed the access panel and sure enough the hot water heater was bypassed for winterization. Everything is working as it should now I appreciate the help and replies. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4127.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	314.5 KB
ID:	272422

Tags
hot water, water