Old 05-14-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
Working at retired:D

Red face How many ways can you connect sink drain wrong

New 2017 Wildcat 301RES. Second time out have sink drain leaks.
First kitchen sink. Tail piece on sink drain popped off dumped pickle juice in pan under sink. We keep a pan under sinks just in case Wife was making potato salad and was dumping juice off empty jar. Anyway cleaned up checked it out. Tailpiece on sink drain is cut too short allowing P trap to pop off. Next P trap tail piece going to drain is too long putting everything on a bind. Add an extension on sink tailpiece and cut off P trap tail piece. That's fixed. But... due to everything being on a bind when it was connected the tailpiece on bottom of sink rubber washer is cocked creating another leak. OK fix that one too. Thinking maybe I'm done. Nope, now I have a leak/seepage at the glue joint on adapter to P trap tail piece primer and heavy coat of glue on outside sealed that up without having to cut and replace. I'm done Nope now have leak/seepage where drain basket adapter connects to sink. Plumbers Putty will fix that. What an ordeal for sink drain because somebody didn't know what they were doing at the factory. Yes it's under warranty but I'm using the camper and leak is small enough I didn't catch it at PDI because the leaks are small and obviously couldn't foresee the drain coming apart. More trouble than it's worth to take it back to the dealer. While this is going on with the kitchen sink I find the glue joint on the drain adapter to P trap tail piece on bathroom is leaking. More primer and a heavy coat of glue it's fixed. Monitoring the shower drain now. Time for a beer
Although a pain if this is the worst I experience with a new TT it'll be good. (Already fixed water heater frequent cycling with new thermostats)

2017 Wildcat 301RES - 2012 Ford F-350 CC
tx333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, sink