Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #1
sparky

lci remote issues

I have a 2016 26fbs wildcat maxx while trying to extend stabilizer jacks with the remote it keeps blowing the 30a fuse in the remote receiver/transmitter.so far its only the rear jacks. the fuse blows immediately upon pushing the button. please help!
ravn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:49 AM   #2

Sounds like a defective "mother board" in the receiver unit. These units are IMHO infamous for blowing fuses and I've never had all functions on my Wildcat MAXX functional with BOTH the remote and the toggle switches at the same time. One or the other works but at least one function only works with the remote OR toggle switch. At this time, it just happens to be the levelers, they work on the remote, however, the outside toggle switches are not functional.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
Camper

Could be a bad circuit board. My unit needed a replacement right from the factory. The rear jacks would not go down during the PDI.

It could also be a short in the wiring or in the motor. Try to disconnect the wiring to the rear jacks and press the button. If the fuse blows then it is the circuit board. If not then connect the wiring back to the circuit board and disconnect the jack motor. Try again. If it blows you know it is the wiring, if not it is the motor. It is also possible the mechanism is bound and not allowing the motor to turn. This could also draw enough current to blow a fuse.

TV - 2006 F350 6.0 DRW CC
TT - 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote