Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation Level Up 6 Point Auto Leveling System on Wildcat

Lippert Components just posted an instructional video for the Level Up 6-Point Auto-Leveling System on YouTube and I thought it would be helpful for forum members here who have it on their Wildcats or are looking at this upgrade. You can see it here:
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
JAYCO Representative

Here's the original video:

This system is in use by a few other Forest River brands as well!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #3

^^^ like ^^^
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:06 AM   #4

Is the level-up system available for the Wildcat Extralite models also?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation Level Up system is available on the Wildcat and Sterling Edition models only

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Is the level-up system available for the Wildcat Extralite models also?
Currently, the Level Up system is available on the Wildcat and Wildcat Sterling Edition models only. We're taking advantage of these units' onboard hydraulic system, which is also used for the slide out(s) and are the only product in our class to offer Level Up.

Our eXtraLite line is aimed at lower weights, shorter lengths and affordability. Since Level Up is both costly and does add significant weight, we haven't added it as an option. However, we're currently exploring its use on smaller units. In fact, a user from the WildcatCamper forum recently became the first to have it installed...
Old 11-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Currently, the Level Up system is available on the Wildcat and Wildcat Sterling Edition models only. We're taking advantage of these units' onboard hydraulic system, which is also used for the slide out(s) and are the only product in our class to offer Level Up.

Our eXtraLite line is aimed at lower weights, shorter lengths and affordability. Since Level Up is both costly and does add significant weight, we haven't added it as an option. However, we're currently exploring its use on smaller units. In fact, a user from the WildcatCamper forum recently became the first to have it installed...
Thanks for the response. It sounds like it could be added as an option. Is this correct? If so then I would most certainly want it.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Thanks for the response. It sounds like it could be added as an option. Is this correct? If so then I would most certainly want it.
The smaller Wildcat that had it installed did so as an aftermarket add on. The customer was kind enough to bring his Wildcat to our plant so we could review it. We're still evaluating this as an option for factory installation. Currently, it's only available though the factory on Wildcat and Sterling Edition units.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:25 AM   #8
JAYCO Representative

A forum member sent me a private message looking for a copy of the owner's manual, so here's a link to Lippert Components' web site with a PDF:
http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/Ow...c-leveling.pdf

Other support documents are available here as well:
Owners Manuals
Old 01-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #9

Thank you Chris!!! Very helpful. BTW I love my level up system!!!

Cherry
cherrykiss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #10
Toy-aholic

I was just told by a dlr that the light weight model's frame is too light weight to support this system, that's why it's not offered.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #11
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation The Level Up leveling system is hydraulic only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
I was just told by a dlr that the light weight model's frame is too light weight to support this system, that's why it's not offered.
Actually, the 312BHX frame is a 10" I-Beam construction -- same as full sized non-eXtraLite Wildcats. However, the eXtraLite line uses electric slide rooms and front landing gear, so there isn't an onboard hydraulic system for Level Up to take advantage of. The Level Up leveling system is hydraulic only.

All of our direct competitors use electric slide rooms and front landing gear, which is why they can't and don't offer this feature!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #12

How much does the leveling system go for?
muzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
JAYCO Representative

Post Call your Wildcat dealer for best estimate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbomb View Post
How much does the leveling system go for?
Dealers charge differently for options -- your best bet is to call your local Wildcat dealer for a price. I believe the MSRP on this option is close to $3000.

Here's the manufacturers info on Level Up -- I believe they're got some aftermarket pricing info at this page:
Level Up Automatic 5th Wheel Leveling
Old 03-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #14
JAYCO Representative

Arrow Level Up is available on the Wildcat and Sterling lines only!

Quote:
Actually, the 312BHX frame is a 10" I-Beam construction -- same as full sized non-eXtraLite Wildcats. However, the eXtraLite line uses electric slide rooms and front landing gear, so there isn't an onboard hydraulic system for Level Up to take advantage of. The Level Up leveling system is hydraulic only.

All of our direct competitors use electric slide rooms and front landing gear, which is why they can't and don't offer this feature!
We've had a number of retail calls on this topic lately (with some of them even quoting information they'd read here!) and so I wanted to restate that the Level Up auto-leveling system is NOT AVAILABLE on the eXtraLite line.

I'd be more than happy to let our management know if there's a strong consumer demand for leveling systems on the smaller and lighter fifth wheels -- I think it's probably a no-brainer to most people. The question then goes to: what price are you willing to pay? Having used the system, my personal preference is to always have it...
Old 03-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #15
JAYCO Representative

See page 21 of this handy Lippert Components manual for more info on the Level Up system:
http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/MA...-web010612.pdf
Old 03-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #16

Quote:
The question then goes to: what price are you willing to pay? Having used the system, my personal preference is to always have it...
Couldn't agree with you more. We love the leveling system...now that it works correctly. We have attracted a few neighbors to inquire what it is. Just hit the button to auto level and get on with the next task to setup camp. My how spoiled we are! Camper still has a bit of movement, but this is a leveling system, not a stabilizing system so I'm ok with that.
Bob

Tags
hydraulic, leveling, sterling, wildcat, level up