Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #1

Lippert Level-Up

Does anyone else have problems with their Lippert Level up system? Ours has been cutting out halfway through the operation of lowering or raising the fifth wheel. So my husband thought it was the battery so he bought a quick disconnect for it. Anyway it still did it so he called Lippert, they walked him through the procedure and of course it quit. The tech at Lippert said oh it's not supposed to do that, you need to take it to the dealer. So it's still under warranty and Lippert got us a work order number and we took it to Buddy Gregg in Knoxville TN. They had it for 2 weeks and when we went to pick it up today, they said it had to do with the quick connect. They said it works now and they couldn't get it to fail. Well we got it to work just fine to get it hooked up to the truck......when we got home not so lucky. So we called Buddy Gregg and the guy there called Lippert. Now they're thinking it's the pump. So tomorrow back to Buddy Gregg. They also charged us $48.00 for supposedly putting some wires back up under the under belly........we asked them to fix the underbelly covering and never said a word about wires coming down. Well they slapped some more duct tape under there and of course it didn't hold so we're gonna put some straps on it ourselves.......gonna get our $48.00 back too. To top it all off I unstrapped the table and forgot to strap it again and it fell into our half barrel cupboard door and punched a hole in it. It's just a thin veneer with a skin on it, don't know how much it's gonna cost to fix that. I need this aggravation because.............Anyone with any input?
Pleasantsurroundings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #2

I have a 30RL and it has cut out on occasion. I just restart it. It happens when I run the pump for long periods. I just stop for an instant while raising and then it never happens. Now you have me thinking. I may have a problem too. Hmm?

Johnv
Johnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #3

Well it worked at the dealers again, got it home got it off of the truck, front jacks down and now it won't work again so we can get the other jacks down. We're going to have the battery tested to see if it's got a bad one. Do you feel like your rv is level when it's done leveling? I have never felt like ours was. I sure hope we get this resolved for ever because I like the idea of the auto level. But now it's scaring us into thinking we goofed getting it.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
phat phrog stunt crew

will dealer send mechanic to your house to have a look? maybe the camper doesnt like being at home.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #5

the same thing and It has two reset buttons behind it that you can't see and one was tripped, it happens one in ten times. Now I just press the reset button and continue with auto level . Mine is locate in the battery compartment .
rugersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:45 AM   #6

Our Lippert leveling system works great, except it stops very sparingly. This might be due to a low battery charge which would make it draw more amps. It resets after it is turned on again. If the camper is plugged into power, the battery will have more stuff, which may explain the success at the dealership. There is a proceedure for setting the level. It is in the instructions and takes about two minutes. It is easy to do. This is a great invention and makes setting up a snap. Not a mistake to buy.

Johnvanderf
Old 10-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #7

Sorry my post did not work. There is a circuit breaker in the battery compartment for the pump motor that controls the auto level. Mine has two reset buttons behind it that you can't see. If one is tripped the auto level will stop working half way through the auto level procedure. Check to see if it has the reset buttons. Hope this helps.
rugersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #8

Thanks for your input......right now the system won't work at all, my husband is going to have the battery checked because the slides sometime stop in the middle of operation. The leveling system has always stopped and so if it's the battery it's still under warranty. So is everything else until Feb.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #9

Lippert Level-Up

Thanks for your input......right now the system won't work at all, my husband is going to have the battery checked because the slides sometime stop in the middle of operation. The leveling system has always stopped and so if it's the battery it's still under warranty. So is everything else until Feb.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #10

I think some slides might work off the same pump as the Level Up. So it could be the battery or the pump in that case. Your dealer needs to come out and ge your slides in
Old 01-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #11

LCI Level Up Letting me down

My Rig is an Oregon built Wildcat 313RE fifth wheel with a 6 point pure electric Level Up system. Saw it work at the dealer while it was plugged in during our PDI. But when I got it home, no joy. It looking liked the rig was doing the funky chicken, one landing gear up, one landing gear down while both rear jacks were doing their own thing. LED menu on controller was saying extending RR when the LR jack was actually moving and visa verse with LR extending on menu and RR jack actually moving. Took rig back to the dealer last Wednesday, told them rear sensors needed to be swapped and unit would not auto-level. Three days later the dealer says my rig is ready for pick up. The battery was replaced. Had a class 24 and LCI technician said I needed a class 27. Last Friday, when I arrived to pick up my rig, it would not auto-level in their parking lot. They said rig had to be on level ground, and I would have to level my rig manually. I complained and said unit should level + or - 5 degrees off center according to the manual. If the system couldn't auto-level, I wasted $4,000 on a system that was no better than what I would have had with the original rear jacks and front landing gear. On maiden camping trip that week end, I was able to auto-level the trailer. The RV camp site was level. "However" When I was ready to hook up the truck, I selected auto-retract rear jacks to drop the rear jacks and stabilizers and nothing happened. Hmmm, how am I going get home now? I cycled the controller to auto-retract all jacks and the landing gear re-tracks but the rear jacks don't move. I then cycle the controller to manual operation and again, the rear jacks and stabilizers don't move. This put the rig in a nose down with the tires in the air while it pivoted on the stabilizer jacks in front of the axels. I manually slid the rear jacks back up into the strut tubes, raised the landing gear setting my rig nose up back onto her tires high enough to get the stabilizers manually raised inside their tubes. The stabilizers and rear jacks where still extended to about 7 inches off of the ground, but I could now at least move my 5'er. I got the rig home safely without running the extended struts into anything on the highway. We unloaded the rig and I called the dealership. After getting no where with the dealership's service tech, I swapped the left and right rear jack cabling on the connector box. I went through the normal setup preparation to go to auto-level and the rig leveled up on my neighborhood street that has a 6 degree down hill run. I know it's 6 degrees because the controller will tell you this when you first fire it up after disconnecting from your truck. So, again I cycle the controller to retract the rear jacks (Stabilizers too) and again the rig does nothing. I again go to retract all and again, my rig does the nose down and again puts all four tires in the air as she pivots on the stabilizers. I slide the manual extensions back up into the rear jack square tubes and again, raise the front of the 5'er till the wheel ares back on the ground the the stabilizers jacks are up in the air. I slide the manual tubes back up into the stabilizers and lower the trailer back down to get reading to hitch up for a third trip to the dealer. About a half hour later that evening, the dealership service department called me back. I told them what I was successful at and what I wasn't successful at, at which point they asked me to see if I could manually raised the rear jacks and stabilizers. I said I would give it a try. By the manual, this meant cutting the red leads on all the motors, then cutting down and welding the "jack handle" on to a half inch drive socket to be used with a swivel, two long half inch extensions and a half inch drive speed-handle. The manual screw drives for the LCI Level up system are tucked up under the belly of the rig with no consideration of using the supplied three foot jack handle looking crank. The dealership had to drill a hole from the coach stairs to the right wheel well to get access to the right front stabilizer manual screw. After some explicative conversation with myself while trying to figure this all out... "I won!" All the struts are now up. I can tow her all over the countryside without bottoming out the jacks or stabilizers. The dealership now gets to rewire the motor harnesses and I am guessing replacing the LCI controller. Along with a sink facet that was installed wrong and as we found out on our maiden trip, leaks.... But I ramble. I am sure she will get fixed, and like my last TT, we are sure this is the right trailer for us. Sunday evening, sitting in our recliners, fireplace warming our feet and watching season three of Justified; we were pleased.
Just remember:
JerBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #12
phat phrog stunt crew

wow... you need a level campsite and have to manually level your camper too? all for 4000 bucks? sign my feeling left out, missing all the fun butt up for that option!!
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote