Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2016, 07:24 PM   #1

Looking at 2007 Wildcat F29

I'm looking at a 2007 Forest River Wildcat F29 with 2 slides. I will make sure everything is in working order, check the tires etc. The exterior looks clean with a little delaminating of decals. No signs of water damage on the ceiling that I can see. This is not my first 5th wheel, so I'm familiar with the basic operation.

Wondering if anyone has additional suggestions that I should be looking at.
dandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:06 PM   #2

Water damage and delam very common to rear of Wildcat campers based on me looking at almost a dozen last summer between 2007 and 2010 year models.

Make sure you tap on the interior walls and any hollow sound means delamination has occured.

Check roof carefully. A crack in Dicor as small as 1/4 inch can cause water intrusion and delamination.

Look outside for waves in the exterior or bubbles. These indicate delamination.

Check pin hitch area for bad welds or broken welds. Some WCs had substandard welding and design and hitch pins were failing-very scary.

Check all plumbing. Fill all tanks, run water pump and run all faucets and toilet too. Check for water leaks and ensure no leaks when draining. Check drain valves too.

Ensure all slides work and check more than once.

Check obvious items such as heater, stereo, fridge etc...

Good luck!
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:14 PM   #3

The biggest thing on any RV will be water damage. Expect to find some. Look for and find it to negotiate price if you can fix it.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:14 AM   #4

They are good 5th wheels.....we had an 09 and were very happy with it. Like any rv.....check it over real good for any problems. Only changer 5th wheels is because we full-time and wanted something bigger. My 09 is for sale if you know anybody looking.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandyman View Post
I'm looking at a 2007 Forest River Wildcat F29 with 2 slides. I will make sure everything is in working order, check the tires etc. The exterior looks clean with a little delaminating of decals. No signs of water damage on the ceiling that I can see. This is not my first 5th wheel, so I'm familiar with the basic operation.

Wondering if anyone has additional suggestions that I should be looking at.
Check the tires for cracks, make sure windows open ok,run slides out and make sure their lubed and if hyd fluid level up(flush n fill with dextron 6 synthetic trans fluid) with slides out check electrical hangers under slides that their not cracked or broken.make sure water heater works on elec side,as well as a/c and furnace as well. Just a few things we check on our 07 wildcat 30lswb as well as what others has mentioned. Good Luck !!!
Old 05-16-2016, 10:10 AM   #6

Smile F 29 Wildcat

I've owned a 2008 F29 for 6 years and it is the best buy I have made in RV's.
Like all Rv's, you can always find something wrong, usually little things that you don't like about it. But generally speaking my F29 is sound and well built and I'm surprised how well the decalling is lasting.
I don't think you will be sorry you bought it; as others have replied, check out the basics (water and weather damage) and the mechanical aspects. If all is well I say buy it if the price is right.
Larry Cole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat