Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #1

Manual slide out retraction

The coupling between the hydraulic pump and the electric motor has failed on my 2009 32qbss wildcat. I took the motor off and was able to spin the pump enough with a drill to retract the bedroom slide. The living room slide is not budging . Any suggestions?
BayouDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Have somebody manually push on the slide while someone is running the drill and someone else is pressing the button. Assuming you have one button for all the slides, once the bedroom slide is in, it takes a while to load the hydraulic system enough to move the larger slide(s). It may take a while with the drill to get it to move.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #3

Button won't work as there isn't any power going o the system. The electric motor is off
Old 09-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #4

Going on three weeks now with the trailer stuck in the MS pinewoods. Pulled down some underbelly to try and get a better look at the hydraulic lines. Can't figure out what is stopping the large slide.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouDude View Post
Going on three weeks now with the trailer stuck in the MS pinewoods. Pulled down some underbelly to try and get a better look at the hydraulic lines. Can't figure out what is stopping the large slide.
Did you find the fix?

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #6
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouDude View Post
The coupling between the hydraulic pump and the electric motor has failed on my 2009 32qbss wildcat. I took the motor off and was able to spin the pump enough with a drill to retract the bedroom slide. The living room slide is not budging . Any suggestions?
Did you do this?

Remove the brake assembly from the motor. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws that connect the brake assembly to the motor. Don’t lose the screws. Set the brake assembly aside.

Find the crank extension. The crank extension is located either on the outside or the inside of the frame. Refer to the owner’s manual for the exact location.

Attach the crank handle to the crank extension. The crank handle comes with the trailer. If the crank handle is not available, use a wrench or socket and ratchet to turn the crank extension by hand to extend or retract the slide-out.

Reattach the brake assembly to the slide-out motor. Replace the screws and securely tighten each one with the screwdriver. The brake assembly prevents the slide-out from moving.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #7

I don't think mine is made that way.... just an electric motor on the hydraulic pump with two hoses coming off pump without valves. Both cylinders are tied together as well. Fluid goes to the bedroom slide then to the living room
Old 09-29-2017, 12:42 PM   #8

Thank you everyone for contributing to this thread. I started having a problem with my slide out on my last trip, and between this thread and some older ones with details of what other people have gone through it helped to troubleshoot my problem.

I will say I considered myself lucky. My slide just died mid push and would not budge. I was able to crank it out and in while camping so at the very least it was still usable, but just annoyed that it may be something I would need to get serviced. As I stepped through checks I found on this thread, I was delighted to see that whomever installed my slide did a poor job stripping the wire on the motor. There was just one thread of wire connecting into the wire-cap and it had burned up. Quick cut and crimp, and I was back in business like it never happened. Needless to say while under the trailer I checked more wire just in case.

Sorry I cannot offer help on the hydraulic issue, but wanted to pass along it was a big help with my slide problem.
camminich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, slide, slide out