Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2020, 05:14 PM   #1

Maxx 313 MBX

Of all the 5th wheels I'm looking at, this one is at the top of my list. Any idea where I could find the cheapest 202 unit? What is the n customary charge to have one shipped long distances?
john777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:17 PM   #2

#2 Arctic Wolf 295QSL8

#3 Flagstaff super lite 529 MBS
#4 Rockwood Ultra lite 2896MB
Old 01-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #3
Site Team

John, I grew up in Sonoma, Glen Ellen and Cloverdale. After I got married, we moved to Napa. We wanted a new trailer. My research showed that Midwest dealers had way cheaper prices.
I found RVW would meet me anywhere in between to deliver. We had decided that Rawlins, Wyoming was halfway and would cut delivery costs in half. I also found that RV Direct/RV One had pickup options in Iowa.
So in November, 2006, we ended up driving to Chicago and back, to have over $4000, even after trip costs. The trailer's MSRP was only $23k, so that was a big chunk off.
I gave 3 different Rockwood dealers a chance to get close to the Chicago dealers price and would pay the shipping costs.
All 3 refused to deal and dared me to drive and get the cheaper one,
So I did. We had it for 10 years and sold it for 55% of what we paid for it.
Midwest dealers don't sell the Maxx, that's the West Coast version of the regular Wildcat line in Indiana.
RVW sells the Rockwood and Wildcat 5th wheels.
There are other Midwest dealers that will deliver.
There are no such large volume discount RV dealers out West, like RVW and RV Direct.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
John, I grew up in Sonoma, Glen Ellen and Cloverdale. After I got married, we moved to Napa. We wanted a new trailer. My research showed that Midwest dealers had way cheaper prices.
I found RVW would meet me anywhere in between to deliver. We had decided that Rawlins, Wyoming was halfway and would cut delivery costs in half. I also found that RV Direct/RV One had pickup options in Iowa.
So in November, 2006, we ended up driving to Chicago and back, to have over $4000, even after trip costs. The trailer's MSRP was only $23k, so that was a big chunk off.
I gave 3 different Rockwood dealers a chance to get close to the Chicago dealers price and would pay the shipping costs.
All 3 refused to deal and dared me to drive and get the cheaper one,
So I did. We had it for 10 years and sold it for 55% of what we paid for it.
Midwest dealers don't sell the Maxx, that's the West Coast version of the regular Wildcat line in Indiana.
RVW sells the Rockwood and Wildcat 5th wheels.
There are other Midwest dealers that will deliver.
There are no such large volume discount RV dealers out West, like RVW and RV Direct.
great response, thanks.