Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2020, 09:57 PM   #1

mechanicals

I'm new to a camper with a control system like this.... I've never had a black tank flush... how do I use it? do I need to use the coil hose that came with it and use the hookup in there???? or should I hook up a hose to the campground water supply? also, which hookup is which tank?? Have a 2016 Wildcat 31SAX we just purchased. it has 2 sets of tanks... It's on a seasonal site. My last camper was a 2004, so these options are new to me!! Any other advice to a newbie with a newer camper? Also... I'm told the hose hanging down on the left is for winterizing?? I assume it pulls antifreeze through the pump? Sorry about the picture, I couldn't get it to rotate!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	233808  
ryanv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:39 PM   #2

After you dump your grey and then black water, you can connect a hose from the campsite water connection. Leave the dump valve open and turn on the water. Let it run for a few minutes. You probably already know that a clear elbow or straight piece on your dump hose will let you see when the water runs clear.
If you use a y-connector at the water connection, you can switch from the fresh water connection to your black water flush hose and leave it permanently connected.
I really don't know about the other connections. You probably need to post in the Wildcat section to get expert advice.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:38 AM   #3
Site Team

Moved to Wildcat sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:49 AM   #4

ryanv, The coiled hose is for your outside shower( two knobs with the quick connect fitting on bottom right). You are correct that the white hose on the left is used for putting antifreeze into the system. This is done by moving the blue valve from horizontal to vertical to allow the pump to suck in the antifreeze. The red valve is your water heater bypass. Horizontal is normal function, vertical is for bypass. By attaching a hose to your black flush, you can spray water internally to help clean out your black tank. Only do so with the valve open. Filling your black tank with the valve closed and getting distracted can result in a nasty surprise in your bathroom. If you are having issues with cable or sat connection check the back side of the wet bay to see which cables are connected where. I have the same wet bay in my 2017 WB.
Chascin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:55 AM   #5

I should have mentioned to put antifreeze into the lines the hose goes into the jug and use the battery disconnect switch(top right) to turn the pump off and on. Pump must be turned on inside before using outside disconnect. On my rig out is off, in is on.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chascin View Post
I should have mentioned to put antifreeze into the lines the hose goes into the jug and use the battery disconnect switch(top right) to turn the pump off and on. Pump must be turned on inside before using outside disconnect. On my rig out is off, in is on.
I noticed there isn't a battery in the camper. I'm assuming that it's because it's a seasonal..... I should be able to run the pump to winterize it shouldn't I? or am I going to have to buy a battery for it?
Old 07-13-2020, 10:39 PM   #7

ryanv, Though I have not tried to run my pump w/o a battery it may be possible. Do a search in the forum on that subject and you should be able to find more info from others who have done this. I would think that if your converter is working and the battery cables are isolated so as not to cause a short when the converter is running then you would have power to run the pump. If you are towing the trailer then you definitely need a battery for the emergency breakaway switch in the event of a trailer separation from the tow vehicle.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:16 AM   #8

chascin I don't tow any longer... it's on a seasonal site. so I suppose it doesn't need a battery, the only reason I suspect I might need one is if the power at the park goes out and I want my fridge to switch to gas??
Old 07-14-2020, 07:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanv View Post
chascin I don't tow any longer... it's on a seasonal site. so I suppose it doesn't need a battery, the only reason I suspect I might need one is if the power at the park goes out and I want my fridge to switch to gas??
I would definitely instal a battery if you leave the fridge running while you are away. As you said it would allow the fridge to switch to gas as long as you have propane and the tanks are turned on.