Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #1

Mounting TV in BR 2016 Wildcat 327RE

Any suggestion on how to install a TV in the BR? The area is supposed to be prepped. How would I locate the support to screw into?
Freedom2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:15 PM   #2

I got my 327re last weekend. Taking it camping for the first time this weekend.

The guy doing the walk through said to lay it on the bed while travelling and then sit on top of the dresser. I would think there is a support on the wall somewhere to mount it.
maskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:10 PM   #3

Thumbs up

Got ours in April. DW wants a tv in BR. Leaving in a week for 2 wks b4 weather turns cold.
Freedom2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:27 PM   #4

In mine I secured it to wall where the small stud was. Easy to locate as it was where the wall seem came together and the cable and electrical outlets were on each side. Just knocking along the wall you will be able to hear the difference in noise when you knock on a stud.Make sure not to use too long of screws, the studs are not normal size, 1x3 I think. Used it all season with no issues and never took it off the wall during transport.
Obes22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:50 PM   #5

We just signed up for our 2017. 327 RE and had the same question about mounting the tv . They will be installing it as part of the deal and said it could go anywhere on the wall . The cables go down through the top of the cabinet on the left side . Hope you will enjoy your new 5er . We can't wait to take del. of ours in two weeks .
campingbaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:18 PM   #6

Find it with the above method or buy a stud finder @ Home Depot. If you find a seam in the plywood that is a stud. If this was a house, they would be on 16" centers. My guess they are on 24" centers....or not.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:09 PM   #7
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

I did a search on youtube for a walk thru of your model. You might pull the wall plug plate and peak behind. The mounting board is usually directly above those 2 plates abou 12". As said before, tap the wall and you can hear the density change. Lastly, you can drop an email to Forest River cust service and they will tell you where it is.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:32 AM   #8

and when you find it, please share for the rest of us.
maskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #9

Did they stop putting the stickers on the wall where the TV mounting support is installed? Not good!! Mine had stickers for TV mount and second a/c prep. I did use a stud finder to verify the mounting plate position and size.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:27 PM   #10

Knock one walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obes22 View Post
In mine I secured it to wall where the small stud was. Easy to locate as it was where the wall seem came together and the cable and electrical outlets were on each side. Just knocking along the wall you will be able to hear the difference in noise when you knock on a stud.Make sure not to use too long of screws, the studs are not normal size, 1x3 I think. Used it all season with no issues and never took it off the wall during transport.
Knocking on the wall worked for me.....

No issues, over a year now!
Avan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #11

There should be a backer board in the area the tv is to be mounted. Our unit has wall switches and outlets below. I removed the low voltage outlets, used a mirror and a flashlight to see up between the wall panels. When I located the backer board, I took a tape measure, ran it up inside the wall until it made contact with the bottom of the backer board. I took the measure to the top of the low voltage opening and recorded it. Then on the out side of the wall, I measured up and put a piece of masking tape to locate the bottom of the backer board on the outside of the wall. Then from the ceiling, I measured down to locate the bottom of the backer at any point. Anything above those lines would be strong enough to hold the mount.

Once I located the mounting location, I carefully located a hole to mount a low voltage aftermarket wall box. This box is actually only a frame that takes standard rectangular wall plates. Our TV set is 12 volts, so I connected 12 volts from the back side of the outlet I had removed and ran a 12 volt circuit through the wall to the TV. I did the same thing with the TV coax cable wire. Clean install, no wires showing.

This takes time and patience and a little McGiver, but it is worth the effort.
Just make sure that any cuts, screws, etc. do not interfere with the existing wiring/plumbing. Any small mirror will work. I used DW's compact mirror. I found that removing existing wall plates made the job easy. If you are working with AC circuits, make certain that they are off.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, mount, wildcat