Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #1

New 312BHX. What do I need for it?

Hello Everyone,
Total newbie campers and we took delivery of a 2015 Wildcat 312 BHX yesterday. Walk thru took almost 4 hrs. Service has it today fixing a bunch of stuff they should have caught before delivery. For instance, screen door sticks and will not open with main door, cannot get faucet into the quick connect on the OK, outside shower leaks from hot water side, box containing the outside burners and grill are no where to be found, the hot water heater light doesn't come on but heats. And a bunch of other minor nit pick items. I know the dealer will make it right and we are thrilled. Spent the night in it with our 2 DD's. Here is my questions:

1) nothing is included with the unit so I need everything as far as hoses. My buddy suggested a water regulator as well but what else is a must have?

2) It's 50 amp service prewired with thermostat for 2nd. It was 97 yesterday in Florida and the 15k ac took until 9:00 to get to 75. Does anyone have the factory low profile unit? I believe it is ducted? I want to make sure before I have them put one they have in stock in case it's not the right one.

I would appreciate any brand name suggestions for sewer hose and whatever else as we are going to Wally World today while they finish up.

Thanks and happy camping!
Old 08-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
Always Learning

For a newbie, there are very few "absolute essentials". There are a lot of things that you should have and are nice to have, of course. The "wants" list seems never ending.

Here's my take on first trip essentials:
Learn To RV: Newbie - First Trip Essentials
Old 08-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #3

We have the 313RE,

AC Wise it's the Dometic 15k in the rear and 13.5K low profile in front. We love 2 AC's, I will never have another unit without dual ac units. We hit 100 degrees all the time in Texas. The front bedroom stays much cooler than the rear. Clearance is 12'6". It is ducted.

It is named whisper quiet. The dudes that named it that have quite the sense of humor. Quiet outside perhaps. If you like white noise and not talking to your spouse you will love the whisper quiet.

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #4

Welcome to the Florida 312 club! I pick mine up in a couple of weeks!
nole_trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:32 AM   #5

We have the same unit. Shakedown cruise in Galveston last week. Minor leak issue in front slide will see if it is a problem when we head to lake Travis in 2 weeks. Fixed leak on outside shower and found spot on roof that may have caused leak running down trim on front cap. Dicored that plus all questionable areas. About a half tube worth. Installed black vent cover over bathroom vent, and tv hung in front bedroom. I bought 2 20' sections of sewer hose and 30' drinking water hose. I would go with second a/c. We love this camper. Now go have fun.
Sydvero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #6

The only thing I can think of that you'd need for the rig that would be different from any fifth wheel (hoses, 30A adapter, water pressure regulator, sewer hose, etc) would be a good collection of Command Strip hooks to use throughout the rig. The main issue we had was no place to hang coats so we put some hooks along the passenger side wall for them.

We also outfitted our rig with the JT Strongarms front and rear - along with X-Chocks they stabilize the rig quite nicely from the "youthquake".

We are from MI so went 50A but instead of A/C up front did a powered vent fan that we really like. I'd hate to plug that hole with A/C as without a window on the driver's side (of our '14 unit) most of the light in the bedroom comes from the vent.
Boyink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
312bhx